• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

My first player comp (from a Wake perspective) for LaRavia was Todd Hendley. But more for what he did at UNCW after leaving Wake.

I can't think of a similar player since then... Cavanaugh?

Doesn't have to be a white guy, of course.

Yeah T-Cav with better handles is my comparison...

My first player comp (from a Wake perspective) for LaRavia was Todd Hendley. But more for what he did at UNCW after leaving Wake.

I can't think of a similar player since then... Cavanaugh?

Doesn't have to be a white guy, of course.

A poor mans James Johnson

Last edited:
Looked up some Johnson Wake highlights after posting that to see if I remember his game correctly during his time at Wake. They definitely do a lot of the same things well with their versatility at 6-9. Although LaRavia is not quite as athletic and can probably shoot a bit better from 3.

Loved JJ, probably my favorite player on that team. His combination of size, skill and athleticism was and is mind boggling for a college player.

https://youtu.be/bpQfItzxnU0

Can’t wait to get back to this. The foul call on the other end after the alley oop is a secret favorite part of this clip for me. Just such an absolutely bullshit call.

Loved JJ, probably my favorite player on that team. His combination of size, skill and athleticism was and is mind boggling for a college player.

Can’t wait to get back to this. The foul call on the other end after the alley oop is a secret favorite part of this clip for me. Just such an absolutely bullshit call.

Loved that team. They were so exciting and probably the most all-around Wake team ever. Such a disappointing end to the season

Adams is a guy that looked like he had some potential -- especially on O -- but played so few minutes on such a weak team that you wonder what's going on in practice that had Forbes -- a guy that played a HS kid big minutes -- keep him on the bench

Last edited:

Watching this dunk from the student section is firmly printed in my memory. It was so crazy that it sobered me up some.

I'd still expect us to get a lot more news on players leaving the program. Wondering why that is taking so long. Or maybe I am just impatient.

It’s just a fact. With ppl entering the portal and garnering attention, time is of the essence. I want to be ready for anybody who’s out there, and I also want to see our guys who are leaving end up in good places for them. Ready for all these loose ends to be tied up.

Adams is a guy that looked like he had some potential -- especially on O -- but played so few minutes on such a weak team that you wonder what's going on in practice that had Forbes -- a guy that played a HS kid big minutes -- keep him on the bench

Adams' offensive game is limited. Forbes said he always worked hard in practice despite not cracking the rotation and he respected that. He plays hard and defends well. I just don't see how he will ever crack the rotation with Hildreth and McCray coming in.

It is three because if DuBose decides to come back, he won't take up a scholly right?

Back