• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Adams' offensive game is limited. Forbes said he always worked hard in practice despite not cracking the rotation and he respected that. He plays hard and defends well. I just don't see how he will ever crack the rotation with Hildreth and McCray coming in.

I definitely take Forbes at his word, but he did seem to have some athletic pop, handles, and swagger in his limited minutes on O

he is a little bit little though

It is three because if DuBose decides to come back, he won't take up a scholly right?

Yes. Same w/ Jalen Johnson.

To be clear, those guys will have their education paid for. They just won't count against the 13 official scholarship limit set by NCAA for men's basketball.

So, DuBose can continue working on his advanced degree, paid for by the Deacon Club. Maybe he gets a Ph.D.

I definitely take Forbes at his word, but he did seem to have some athletic pop, handles, and swagger in his limited minutes on O

he is a little bit little though

I agree but all of that came against Delaware State in garbage time. He was pretty passive offensively when he got some run in the last couple of games. That being said, I like him but I think his ceiling is an energy guy off the bench.

If keeping Q means we can't get another big time scorer like Phlandrous for example, then you have to urge him to explore his options.

This is the ACC. The fact of the matter is we have 3 young, 4 star guards in front of him. We will most likely recruit over him next season too. There isn't a path for Q to get more than 5-10mpg BEST CASE. Why not go be a contributor at Western, UNCC or another mid major?

Q was one of my favorite players on the team for the record. I love that he was the only 2020 recruit who kept his commitment to us. Forbes likes guys who can score at all 3 levels and Q doesn't seem to be a guy who could develop into that type of player.

Pass on Phlandrous Fleming Jr.. He's a high volume shooter who shoots a low percentage. I'd rather give those minutes to Cam and McCray.

New Mexico Fr power forward/center Bayron Matos enters portal.

Had some nice offers out of HS. From TN, so I would be surprised if he doesn't have some kind of relationship with Forbes. Athletic big, shot 52% from the floor with low usage. Can't make free throws and doesn't stretch the floor, but again, he's a freshman.

Could be a backup option if we miss on Harrar.

New Mexico Fr power forward/center Bayron Matos enters portal.

Had some nice offers out of HS. From TN, so I would be surprised if he doesn't have some kind of relationship with Forbes. Athletic big, shot 52% from the floor with low usage. Can't make free throws and doesn't stretch the floor, but again, he's a freshman.

Could be a backup option if we miss on Harrar.

Why is everyone so high on Harrar? I would rather take a young big with potential like Eason or Matos.

Last edited:
Not saying Harrar wouldn't be an awesome get for his one year of eligibility though

Last edited:
Not saying Harrar wouldn't be an awesome get for a year.

Harrar is going up against the best bigs in the country in the B10, and not only holding his own, but dominating the boards. He fits an immediate need.

I think Eason will end up out west, which is home for him.

I could almost get as excited about Matos as I could Harrar simply because he would have a few years versus 1, as you mentioned.

Yeah, for me it is just that he is about as polished of a big man as you could ask for... Contributes right away and doesn't block anyone that we might recruit for the Class of '22.

If all of the dominos fall into place, we could not suck in '21-22... Harrar is a part of that.

There is a definite balance of trying to compete in '21-22 vs. '22-23 and beyond... But I don't think Forbes likes losing at all, if he can help it. It's also tough to put together a roster for a hypothetical season that is more than a year away... We have enough scholarships to just try to put the best team on the floor ASAP. Worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

Loved JJ, probably my favorite player on that team. His combination of size, skill and athleticism was and is mind boggling for a college player.

https://youtu.be/bpQfItzxnU0

Can’t wait to get back to this. The foul call on the other end after the alley oop is a secret favorite part of this clip for me. Just such an absolutely bullshit call.

That game, and the Duke game in the same week... fucking magic.... After that JJ play I stood up and yelled so fast that I almost passed out haha

Back