• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

I wish him the best and agree he would have struggled for minutes but Dear God, how can you justify critiquing that kid on 73 game minutes spread over 9 games?!?. Ridiculously small sample size for sure but 8/16 from the field and 1.3 A/TO ratio and effort we know Forbes valued proves you blind as well as impatient. You are better than that.

Pretty sure Forbes shows what he values with playing time.

Pretty sure Forbes shows what he values with playing time.

Well it's apparent that Forbes is cleaning house regardless of what we all thought of Adams.. I think the entire board enjoyed the heart and determination that Adams brought to the court each time he played. We all realize he wasn't an all-start, but like a squirrel searching for a nut, I was looking for anything to get excited about during the last several games and Adams produced that for me.
I'm eager and thrilled about bringing new talent aboard the Deac train. With the right recruits or transfers(LaRavia + 1 more big) this could pay dividends this next season. For the first time in a decade it feels like we're heading in the right direction. Cheers guys!

Creamy minutes projections

Whitt - 28 DW 6 Rob - 6
DW - 22 Cam - 10 Rob - 8
Massoud - 16 Cam 12 Rob - 6 Mucius 6
Jake- 22 Mucius 18
Harrar(hopefully)- 20 Ody - 12 Tariq - 4 Jake - 4

That's given Dubose and Johnson leave and Tariq stays. I plugged Harrar in there at Center because we are linked to him. Regardless if it's Harrar or not, I would bet money we end up with some solid transfer true big to take 20 minutes.

Last edited:
I wish him the best and agree he would have struggled for minutes but Dear God, how can you justify critiquing that kid on 73 game minutes spread over 9 games?!?. Ridiculously small sample size for sure but 8/16 from the field and 1.3 A/TO ratio and effort we know Forbes valued proves you blind as well as impatient. You are better than that.

Dear God huh? Well, God gave me and Forbes eyeballs and both of us see the reality for Adams is he lacks the tools that make a legit ACC point guard, and the minutes aren't available in our program for him to develop into one by the time he's a senior. Unless we don't value winning. I guess Forbes and I will just have to go on hoping to fill a Wake roster with players that can win for once instead of nursing flawed players along for years because we think they're good folks. I like Adams, too - great attitude, plays hard and defends. I wish he could hit a 10 footer or make a single pass over the course of his year that rivaled one of the 4 Whitt made in his final game as a pre-freshman.

You can't have it both ways. You can't applaud the moves Forbes is making by being (brutally) honest with kids that causes them to transfer while shaming posters who recognize the reasons behind the choices Forbes is making. We could have kept Adams if we wanted to, without question. Send Forbes some emails and shame him into keeping him if you're so offended.

Creamy minutes projections

Whitt - 28 DW 6 Rob - 6
DW - 22 Cam - 10 Rob - 8
Massoud - 16 Cam 12 Rob - 6 Mucius 6
Jake- 22 Mucius 18
Harrar(hopefully)- 20 Ody - 12 Tariq - 4 Jake - 4

That's given Dubose and Johnson leave and Tariq stays. I plugged Harrar in there at Center because we are linked to him. Regardless if it's Harrar or not, I would bet money we end up with some solid transfer true big to take 20 minutes.

I just don't see how Massoud would get a start over Mucius at the 3. I feel like Mucius has all the tools to be a good ACC level 3 or 4 if he gets stronger. I don't see that as much with Massou

Last edited:
Right. Is it bad to be optimistic that we might have a chance to be decent next year?

There is just so, so, so much we don't know. I assume we will round out the 4 remaining scholarships with at least a couple transfers and hopefully Podziemski or another '21 guy if possible. The quality of the transfers and who we can bring in will be a huge part of next year's level of play, as will the play of the three freshmen (I'm still going to count Carter as a freshman). If we go out and get Harrar and another quality big or wing, plus Podz, and Hildreth/McCray are ready to go (all of these are best case scenarios), then yes why not hope we can be a very competitive team. However, we also don't know if the frosh will be ready, which transfers we'll be able to bring in, and how this year's players will respond to a full offseason with Forbes. At a minimum I believe we will see growth and energy around the program next season. At a maximum I see us getting excited about big games in February that could have postseason implications beyond whether we're a 12 or 11 seed in the ACC. Just so much we don't know, and for me that is part of the excitement this offseason.

Just think of how much you'll be forgetting in about ten years. :)

Have you built the moat?

I just don't see how Massoud would get a start over Mucius at the 3. I feel like Mucius has all the tools to be a good ACC level 3 or 4 if he gets stronger. I don't see that as much with Massou

This. i don't really see Mucius as a 4 at all

If Massoud starts for us next year that just means we are awful again.

I've got a feeling we will not be involved with Marcus Watson.

Not sure anyone is going to get involved with Marcus Watson. He scored a total of 36 points on the season for a terrible team (W Illinois #305). With all of the talent in the portal and limited available ships, maybe he goes to JUCO to reclaim his rep.

Maybe the staff has fond memories of Torrence from his HS days, but geez, his numbers at Marquette are weak. He's a 6-3 guard. His high point game of the season is 7. He shot 14% from 3 (5 for 36). He also had a negative TO/A ratio. Would think there are better options. Also, seems like Siena and Albany are more appropriate landing spots.

I still think we just call pretty much everyone. No harm in kicking the tires and the players get the benefit of being able to list an ACC team that has reached out.

If Massoud starts for us next year that just means we are awful again.

I see massoud getting 15mpg for us, regardless if he starts or comes off the bench. He has the chance to be a solid role player and can steal a few more minutes if he's hitting his shots.

He doesn't need to be asked to do too much, which he was this season. Massoud getting 7 minutes a half isn't unrealistic, as our roster stands right now. Hopefully it's a moot point and we bring in 4 more stud transfers who bury massoud on the depth chart

I still think we just call pretty much everyone. No harm in kicking the tires and the players get the benefit of being able to list an ACC team that has reached out.

are you seeing many/any tweets in which P5 schools are listed, and WF is not?

If I were Massoud, I'd wait a few weeks to make a decision. He can see what the staff does with bringing in more transfers at his position. And maybe more importantly, he can wait for NCAA teams to get eliminated to see if he gets any interest from those teams currently occupied by actually playing games that matter.

With the guys that have already transferred, I think that's less of a consideration. But Massoud played a lot of minutes this year and I think there would be demand for him from decent teams.

I'd still like him to stay, but I guess I'm in the minority there. It's a lonely group of Creamy, rj, and I.

are you seeing many/any tweets in which P5 schools are listed, and WF is not?

Well, yeah. Toni Eason, for example. From Cincy. I saw a small list on him that was Pitt, Wash, & Wash St. I think he's considered a west coast guy. Seems like we would have called.

And there have been a number of guards where we haven't been listed.

Back