• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Exactly. All these transfers really just tell me one thing: The talent on the team this year was horrendous. We’ve now retained the 5 ACC level players from that team with 3 studs already committed for next year. Every player we get from the portal will be a massive upgrade from who we lost to the portal. Getting these players in for next season expedites the rebuild too. Couldn’t be more exited to see who else we add in the coming weeks!

This.

https://youtu.be/sPSvNaKstzE

Phlandrous vibees. This dude can play and he won DPOY in the Big South. Just because he was such high usage and took a lot of shots at CSU doesn't mean it would be the case at Wake under Forbes.

I'm all in on Phlandrous for the name alone. I don't need stats or mixtape. However, defensive player of the year in any conference would be welcomed at Wake.

This is like an entire season/offseason worth of recruiting jammed into a few weeks. Fun.

Have to figure it’s enjoyable on some level for the guys to enter the portal as well, to relive their high school days and put their name out there and see who actually wants them after seeing them play at the college level.

I bet Forbes is the most excited. He's actually getting to build the roster he thinks will be able to compete at this level.

Getting LaRavia already, and having 5(!!!) More open ships, gives Forbes the flexibility to plug in ACC-Ready talent and have a solid team next season.

I'm super pumped to see what this roster looks like on 6/1/21

The crazy transfer portal this year is designed for teams like Wake. It gives us the ability to COMPLETELY reconfigure the roster. It also takes away the talking point of "just wait until Forbes gets his guys". Forbes will have his guys next season.

I hope we get 4 more, with 1 being a GT. That would give us 3 scholarships for 2022.

Taking 3 more, with 1 being a GT would give us a full, 4 man 2022 class, so Forbes might take this route. At the end of the day, he will weigh all possibilities and take more talent in the portal if he doesn't think he has some surefire wins for 2022.

It's fun to care about Wake basketball again.

BJ Mckie coached at Charleston Southern for 6 seasons and most likely has connections to people that know Phlandrous Fleming.

Deliver me Phlandrous, BJ. Sorry RJ, but you're the only Phlandrous naysayer on the boards

Wonder if Pitt has an interest in Massoud since they had an up close look at the very best possible version of Massoud. Falling in love with a player based on one game has a long history in sports .

Wonder if Pitt has an interest in Massoud since they had an up close look at the very best possible version of Massoud. Falling in love with a player based on one game has a long history in sports .

As I said earlier, don't be shocked to see him go to Harvard.

It's hard to describe how bad Charleston Southern was this year. Against a really weak schedule, they won 2 D1 games by 1 over High Point and in OT against Presby. That's it. Yes, Fleming is their best player and yes, he put up some numbers, but it was against trash teams during a lot of garbage time minutes. If Forbes and staff like him, that's enough for me, but his numbers have to be considered in their context.

So like DuBose at 4-25 Houston Baptist.

Exactly. Worse than Houston Baptist, but in the same realm.

Ian DuBose had PER of 23.3 and 21.5 his last two seasons at HBU

Phlandrous Fleming had PER of 22.6 and 23.2 his last two seasons at CSU

Win Shares:

DuBose 3.6 / 2.1
Fleming 3.5 / 2.3

Ian DuBose had PER of 23.3 and 21.5 his last two seasons at HBU

Phlandrous Fleming had PER of 22.6 and 23.2 his last two seasons at CSU

Win Shares:

DuBose 3.6 / 2.1
Fleming 3.5 / 2.3

Shhhh! Don't let the facts get in the way.

Back