• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

And again, I am sure he would not take half the shots he takes at CSU if he came to Wake.

DuBose went from 13.8 fga at HBU to 8.2 at Wake and shot better percentages.

Alright, I've looked at his stats and some video. Phlandrous would undoubtedly be an upgrade in talent from Massoud and would just about be a wash with Dubose.

RJ, look at his 2 games against Winthrop. Solid averages across the board. Winthrop is a really good team and he dropped 33 against them with solid percentages in one game and had another really solid game against them. He ended the year on a double double tear.

WE WANT PHLANDROUS

Last edited:
2 games against NCAAT Winthrop:

30 min per game
17-33 fg
7-15 from 3
4-4 FT
11 rebounds
4 Assists
2 blocks
6 steals(!!!!)
7 turnovers
45 points

We can say small sample size, but it's STILL an improvement over Massoud, Neath, Wilkins, etc

Who knows if Phlandrous is even an option, but he would be a really solid pickup, IMO.

I’m lazy, somebody willing to make a top 5 wish list of our most reasonable incoming transfers? Then I’ll know when we get one where he falls on the list. Or maybe tiers of players. Thx in advance.

Michigan's starting PG Mike Smith transferred from #299 Columbia, and of course, Chaundee came from LOWF WF. Blanket statements that a player can't be good if he's from a certain school or lower level are dumb.

Duncan Robinson transferred from D3 Williams College (Clawson's school) to Michigan. He played a key role in getting Michigan to the Natty Game, and he's the fastest NBA player to 300 3s in a career. Good thing that coaches at Michigan and the NBA didn't just assume that he couldn't play because he started at a D3 school.

It's hard to describe how bad Charleston Southern was this year. Against a really weak schedule, they won 2 D1 games by 1 over High Point and in OT against Presby. That's it. Yes, Fleming is their best player and yes, he put up some numbers, but it was against trash teams during a lot of garbage time minutes. If Forbes and staff like him, that's enough for me, but his numbers have to be considered in their context.

I’m lazy, somebody willing to make a top 5 wish list of our most reasonable incoming transfers? Then I’ll know when we get one where he falls on the list. Or maybe tiers of players. Thx in advance.

Mine is:

1) Au'diese Toney (Pitt)
2) John Harrar (Penn St)
3) Bayron Matos (New Mexico)
4) Any other quality big
5) Phlandrous Fleming (CSU)

I am sure there are other good ones Wake is looking at and others on the board have a more knowledgeable list than this one though

Mine is:

1) Au'diese Toney (Pitt)
2) John Harrar (Penn St)
3) Bayron Matos (New Mexico)
4) Any other quality big
5) Phlandrous Fleming (CSU)

I am sure there are other good ones Wake is looking at and others on the board have a more knowledgeable list than this one though

why did Toney leave his team during the season? I would want to know the answer to that question.

Lol at the “no thanks phlandras” takes. Especially if it comes from anyone who praised Adams.

i think laravia's teammate tre williams (big man) would be a nice add

Thank god some of these guys are in the portal and we will be able to get better talent. We should get the best players available, but I feel really good with our guard/SF situation. I hope we get some bangers and get much bigger in the front court. Good to care again!

Back