• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

It seems Patrick would be this guy's perfect coach. I wonder why he's leaving.

It seems Patrick would be this guy's perfect coach. I wonder why he's leaving.

“If my coach can’t get recognized at Madison Square Garden, what chance do I have?”

LaRavia's quick commitment increased expectations of how quickly transfer decisions are typically made.

As an example, last year, there were far fewer transfers and many, if not most, transfer commitments lagged into May (Sarr, Brown and McClung all announced their transfer decision in May). It's actually kind of odd that any transfer commitments are made now as there will be many more players in the portal over the next 3 weeks as the NCAA hoop season ends. Summer school typically starts after Memorial Day and coaches like to have their kids on campus as soon as possible to get them into strength and conditioning programs (and to acquaint them with their teammates). So, in a perfect world, Forbes would like to have the roster set before then.

WF could land a player tomorrow, but don't think we will have an accurate handle on next year's roster until May, maybe even later.

Vibes increased substantially today.

Need a couple things to fall in place, but vibes are increasing

Does Pilchard's bolded comment and your vibes have anything to do with each other? Trying to read the tea leaves!

One of Ball State's best players, Jarron Coleman, has entered the transfer portal. 6'5" forward that can shoot.

Duke forward Jaemyn Brakefield into the portal. He had the game winning shot for them against UVA. his numbers were meh. 22 games. 12.4 min, 3.5 pts, 2.5 reb. Per game.

This is essentially the biggest game of musical chairs ever played.

Olaniyi also transferring or going pro. On another note, if Podziemski does indeed go to Miami, he will be on a god awful team, but he will get plenty of minutes. That would be an interesting decision.

LaRavia's quick commitment increased expectations of how quickly transfer decisions are typically made.

As an example, last year, there were far fewer transfers and many, if not most, transfer commitments lagged into May (Sarr, Brown and McClung all announced their transfer decision in May). It's actually kind of odd that any transfer commitments are made now as there will be many more players in the portal over the next 3 weeks as the NCAA hoop season ends. Summer school typically starts after Memorial Day and coaches like to have their kids on campus as soon as possible to get them into strength and conditioning programs (and to acquaint them with their teammates). So, in a perfect world, Forbes would like to have the roster set before then.

WF could land a player tomorrow, but don't think we will have an accurate handle on next year's roster until May, maybe even later.

I feel like if Wake ever plays the program he lands at, he'll torch us. That's just how it goes.

Cone almost went to TN out of HS. BTW, Baylor also offered Cone out of HS, as if they don't have enough three point shooters. He's from Walkertown.

Isn’t Cone’s brother Madison a football grad transfer from Wisconsin in the portal as well? Any chance they reunite at home at Wake for a season or has he already announced a new home?

Back