• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Have to think that Cone will be talking to Isaiah Wilkins as due diligence on Wake. Verbal Commits lists 894 players having transferred or announced plans to this year. Last year the total was around 1045; that number should be easily exceeded this year.

Last edited:
Both Clevon Brown (grad transfer prospect, I believe) and Ejike Obinna (two years of eligibility) from Vanderbilt could provide much needed bulk. There are obviously others out there with significantly better stats, but both are SEC-tested and would provide depth. I was probably one of the few who was disappointed to see Emmanuel Okpomo enter the portal. He's raw, but he runs the court well. Given that he'll have 4 more years of eligibility, I just felt he could develop into a more meaningful contributor. So relieved that we've got LaRavia coming on board. Really hope that Tariq is able to return.

Does anyone out there have an inkling of the kids that Forbes and staff hope to target?

Pass on both Vandy guys. They sucked on one of the worst teams in P6.

Both Clevon Brown (grad transfer prospect, I believe) and Ejike Obinna (two years of eligibility) from Vanderbilt could provide much needed bulk. There are obviously others out there with significantly better stats, but both are SEC-tested and would provide depth. I was probably one of the few who was disappointed to see Emmanuel Okpomo enter the portal. He's raw, but he runs the court well. Given that he'll have 4 more years of eligibility, I just felt he could develop into a more meaningful contributor. So relieved that we've got LaRavia coming on board. Really hope that Tariq is able to return.

Does anyone out there have an inkling of the kids that Forbes and staff hope to target?

Am with you on being disappointed that Okpomo chose to leave. He seemed to be a reasonable big man project. Showed flashes in his few minutes. You can't teach somebody to be 6-10.

Obinna has committed to St Joseph’s

What about Jason Carter out of Xavier 8.7ppg 11.5 rbg or Noah Locke out of Florida a short with decent numbers

There are 50+ guys out there that would make us a competitive basketball team next year. This portal is the best thing that could happen to wake basketball and the Forbes rebuild.

I trust Forbes will put some nice pieces together and we will roll out a top-75 KP team next season with a chance to make a run and surprise some folks.

There are 50+ guys out there that would make us a competitive basketball team next year. This portal is the best thing that could happen to wake basketball and the Forbes rebuild.

I trust Forbes will put some nice pieces together and we will roll out a top-75 KP team next season with a chance to make a run and surprise some folks.

Whitt and "killaCam" should be better than most incoming freshmen. Unless the BBL is way worse than it seems, Hildreth will have a season of the equivalent of high level college basketball as preparation for his freshman season.

Forbes should be able to find the equivalent or better players for four of the five transfers.

IMHO, bringing in equivalent or better big for Okpomo will be the most important and difficult task. Ody needs help down low. I don't want to count on much from Tariq until we see how well he has recovered. Serious leg injury followed by long haul Covid doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

Wake probably needs two playable bigs to hit that KP 75 level, middle of ACC level in 2021-2022.

Give me Franklin or Coleman over Cone every day of the week.

Cone is a good player but he isn't what we need. If we can pull off Coleman/Franklin, that would be so much more important.

How about wild name? Trevor Hudgins.

He was NPOY in D2, is a 6' PG, averaged - 19.6/6 assists (only 1.6TOs). As a frosh, he shot 45.9% on 4 threes/game and 53.3% on 6 threes/game as a soph.

Have no idea if he's thinking about transferring to D1. but seems worth talking to just in case.

Back