• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Bobby Pediford to Kansas.

I don't get why some of these dudes jump at a big-time offer that they just got.

Bobby Pediford to Kansas.

I don't get why some of these dudes jump at a big-time offer that they just got.

If it’s a blue blood calling and maybe one you’ve always wanted to play for, not hard to see.

I’m glad Laravia jumped at ours.

Are we involved with Lucas Taylor? I know we were pre Clemson commit

Are we involved with Lucas Taylor? I know we were pre Clemson commit

In basketball, only scumbag coaches keep recruiting a kid after he has committed unless he decommits. I haven't seen him decommit. We aren't involved at this point.

In basketball, only scumbag coaches keep recruiting a kid after he has committed unless he decommits. I haven't seen him decommit. We aren't involved at this point.

Taylor decommitted a week or so ago. But I haven’t seen us listed as making contact with him since he came back on the market.

Taylor decommitted a week or so ago. But I haven’t seen us listed as making contact with him since he came back on the market.

My bad. I hadn't seen that.

Maybe he'll head to UNC-G with buddy (and former Wake target), John Newman III.

Jarron Coleman is no doubt at the top of my transfer list right now. Love his game. Looks like a perfect fit.

He seems like he is flying under the transfer radar as well. Wake fans are also showing alot of love on twitter.

Where are all these guards going to play?

We have 4 guards on the roster with 2 of them being fresman, thats def not enough. you do not want to go into the season with 4 guards on the roster. Also Coleman is a 6’5 SF not a guard.

We just went 6-16 including many games where we were not even close to competitive and you are worried about where incoming guys are going to play? Forbes should be taking every player he can that will improve our roster, and it could use a lot of improvement.

Wake was a turnover waiting to happen all this past season. Guys who can dribble without losing the ball, pass to guys wearing Wake jerseys and shoot straight are welcome. Guards still control the game.

Guys we're gonna need AT LEAST 8 guards on the team. If danny taught us anything its that 4 undersized guard line ups are a great way to confuse your opponents in the ACC. Not a great way to win but I digress.

We are lacking depth at guard. We need 2 guys like Coleman who can play the 1-3...Coleman would play the 2 and 3 for us, given Whitt and Williamson are looking to handle the load at PG. Every team in the country who is going to compete in their conference has 6 guards. It's a guard oriented game these days.

Clemson's Johnny Newman just committed to Wes Miller and UNCG. Newman was a WF recruit out of HS. After starting and getting a ton of PT in 2020, Brownell buried Newman on the Clemson bench this past season. Newman has skills. Can see him excelling for the Spartans.

Also, Penn State Guard Jamari Wheeler committed to Minnesota this morning. Minnesota also landed GW F Jamison Battle yesterday. IIRC, both Wheeler and Battle had been mentioned as possible WF targets.

Finally, UNC walk-on Walker Miller (6-11 from G'boro; he's a stiff) also entered the portal this morning.

Last edited:
Guys we're gonna need AT LEAST 8 guards on the team. If danny taught us anything its that 4 undersized guard line ups are a great way to confuse your opponents in the ACC. Not a great way to win but I digress.

Guys who Forbes is bringing in are not tiny: Whitt 6-4, Hildreth 6-4 McCray 6-4. Williamson is the current "midget" at 6-2. Wake has 120 minutes per game available at the 1,2 and 3 spots. Not many of those minutes are locked up.

We are lacking depth at guard. We need 2 guys like Coleman who can play the 1-3...Coleman would play the 2 and 3 for us, given Whitt and Williamson are looking to handle the load at PG. Every team in the country who is going to compete in their conference has 6 guards. It's a guard oriented game these days.

The only problem here is that we are bringing an entire roster of guards who are all within 1 year of each other and thinking that certain guards are the future of the program. That said, we need talent, and I get that.

Back