• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

As he continues to cash his big pension checks courtesy of WFU. I would venture to guess he does not give it much thought.

he is too much of an asshole to care about anything but himself. Can't believe he lasted so long at the helm.

Massoud down to K State or Vandy. Seemed like some may have doubted Power Conference interest in him. FWIW, K State was terrible this year, but they had a ton of injuries. The Wildcats should be solid next year. Stackhouse has accumulated talent at Vandy, but there is no evidence that he can translate that into Ws.

Tennessee's EJ Anosike (6-7 245) has entered the transfer portal. Anosike put him big numbers (particularly rebounding) at Sacred Heart and was a coveted transfer last year. WF offered, and Anosike was considered a good get for the Vols last Summer, but he didn't do much for TN last year. and Barnes essentially relegated Anosike to the end of the bench for the last half of the season.

Massoud down to K State or Vandy. Seemed like some may have doubted Power Conference interest in him. FWIW, K State was terrible this year, but they had a ton of injuries. The Wildcats should be solid next year. Stackhouse has accumulated talent at Vandy, but there is no evidence that he can translate that into Ws.

I suspect coaches looking at him are thinking along the lines of: get this kid in my S & C program for a whole offseason. Don't play him in the low post. I might have a useful stretch four.

I suspect coaches looking at him are thinking along the lines of: get this kid in my S & C program for a whole offseason. Don't play him in the low post. I might have a useful stretch four.

Yeah. And if Massoud played for another program and went in the portal, we'd be saying the same thing about him. And honestly, if he stayed we'd be saying that we hope he can be a stretch 4 who plays 15 minutes if he's not and <5 if he's not.

Here's some math to get an idea of how crazy the current transfer season is.

There are 357 D1 teams, and a 13 man scholarship limit. That translates to 4,641 scholarship players assuming that every team maxes out. Under the one-year COVID extra year rule, this year did not count on the 4 years of playing eligibility; so, every college player can return to play next year.

There are probably slight fewer seniors because some players quit before their senior year; so, let's conservatively assume that of the 4,641 college basketball players, there were 1,000 seniors. Let's also assume that 500 of those seniors are moving on like Ian DuBose and Jonah Antonio did for WF, and decided against taking an extra senior year (FWIW, the Ivy and Patriot Leagues are not allowing a 5th year; so, a lot of those players simply graduated and moved on), also some players may simply just walk away from the game this year, and they would be counted toward the approximately 500 current college players that are electing to not play college basketball next season. So, using those assumptions, there are 4,141 college basketball players that are eligible to and actually plan to return to college basketball next year. By latest count according to the verbal commits website (and there will be more), 1,285 current D1 players entered the portal (well past the 700+ that entered the transfer portal last year). So, using those two numbers: 1285 over 4141 is 31%. That is a lot of movement. Almost a 1/3 of the returning college players plan to play for a different program in 2021-2.

Last edited:
mousoud needs a coach that he will listen to and accept teaching from. he does not need a "players coach." best of luck to him and all the boys that left.

now MF Steve Forbes keep killing it out there!

mousoud needs a coach that he will listen to and accept teaching from. he does not need a "players coach." best of luck to him and all the boys that left.

now MF Steve Forbes keep killing it out there!

Danny Manning to Steve Forbes may have been a shocking change for Wake players. Some didn't like it. Some embraced it.

I'm going to start putting Killa Cam highlights here.

I'd love to see BSD, Les, or Conor do an interview with Hildreth's coach to learn more about his game and his development.

Here's some math to get an idea of how crazy the current transfer season is.

There are 357 D1 teams, and a 13 man scholarship limit. That translates to 4,641 scholarship players assuming that every team maxes out. Under the one-year COVID extra year rule, this year did not count on the 4 years of playing eligibility; so, every college player can return to play next year.

There are probably slight fewer seniors because some players quit before their senior year; so, let's conservatively assume that of the 4,641 college basketball players, there were 1,000 seniors. Let's also assume that 500 of those seniors are moving on like Ian DuBose and Jonah Antonio did for WF, and decided against taking an extra senior year (FWIW, the Ivy and Patriot Leagues are not allowing a 5th year; so, a lot of those players simply graduated and moved on), also some players may simply just walk away from the game this year, and they would be counted toward the approximately 500 current college players that are electing to not play college basketball next season. So, using those assumptions, there are 4,141 college basketball players that are eligible to and actually plan to return to college basketball next year. By latest count according to the verbal commits website (and there will be more), 1,285 current D1 players entered the portal (well past the 700+ that entered the transfer portal last year). So, using those two numbers: 1285 over 4141 is 31%. That is a lot of movement. Almost a 1/3 of the returning college players plan to play for a different program in 2021-2.
30% of all college kids transfer. These players just getting the same freedom the general population takes.

Although Wake is the favorite for Monsanto, Arkansas taking 6-6 transfer guard Stanley Umude pretty much takes Arkansas out of consideration for Monsanto I would assume.

Back