• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

WFU Hoops: '21-22 Roster Construction - Adding LaRavia, Taylor, & Walton

So I think Forbes is doing a great job and has definitely upgraded the roster, however, I am not following how folks think we are a bubble team next near. Monsanto was on a 13-12 team in the Southern Conference. Although he was amazingly efficient, Walton played just 20 min a game. Laravia was FOY but in the MVC.

We are getting better but am not sure that I agree that will be a bubble team next year. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
So I think Forbes is doing a great job and has definitely upgraded the roster, however, I am not following how folks think we are a bubble team next near. Monsanto was on a 13-12 team in the Southern Conference. Although he was amazingly efficient, Walker played just 20 min a game. Laravia was FOY but in the MVC.

We are getting better but am not sure that I agree that will be a bubble team next year. I hope I am wrong.

We definitely have a better roster and its exciting seeing the flux of new talent coming in. However, I'm going to try and keep it real like RJ. We're not a bubble team yet. We need a sharp shooting 3 point shooter and we could really use another stud 6'9ish size. After watching the tape, I hope that I'm wrong but I'm not totally sold on Walker(he seems brittle). I love Laravia's game and I think he will be great for us but we truly need another player his size with his ability before I totally buy in on the bubble team talk..

We are going to be a hole-hell-of-a-lot better that's for sure.... Thank you Steve Forbes for the hard work and charisma that you have.. That damn dude can talk-it-up.. I really enjoy just listening to him tell stories. I'm so happy to have a coach like this at Wake Forest. He is passionate about winning and recruits family and kids love this. We are going to be a major player in the ACC and I think it will be after this season when we start our tournament run.

Bubble team is highly dependent on the strength of the acc but total team talent is already much improved. Decent chance we don't play day 1 of Acc tourney

So I think Forbes is doing a great job and has definitely upgraded the roster, however, I am not following how folks think we are a bubble team next near. Monsanto was on a 13-12 team in the Southern Conference. Although he was amazingly efficient, Walton played just 20 min a game. Laravia was FOY but in the MVC.

If you don’t think you can do something, you probably won’t
If you think you CAN do something, it’s more likely that you will.
Many of us here are CAN fans. (Maybe overly optimistic, but that’s the way most fans are)

Many of us here are CAN fans. (Maybe overly optimistic, but that’s the way most fans are)

I think CanFan will be my next handle

This is some real Richard scarry ass shit.

Agreed, let’s enjoy the process, not set up unreasonable disappointment

As the roster stands

Whitt - (28) DW (12)
DW - (17) Monsanto (10) Rob(8) Lucas (5)
Mucius- (18) Cam (10) Lucas (6) Monsanto (6)
LaRavia- (25) Mucius (10) Monsanto (5)
Ody - (14) Walton (13) Tariq( 13)

Again, this is as the roster stands today, IMO.

I've heard chatter around here of Ody or Tariq playing some 4 but I just don't see it.

It will be great to have some quality big man depth. Hope Tariq is able to come back at a high level.

I've heard chatter around here of Ody or Tariq playing some 4 but I just don't see it.

Some were speculating that they could flip flop 4/5 offense defense. Walton playing the 5 on D and 4 on O, Ody the opposite.

Some were speculating that they could flip flop 4/5 offense defense. Walton playing the 5 on D and 4 on O, Ody the opposite.

Yeah that actually could work. It'll be interesting to see which freshman step up. Monsanto and LaRavia definitely didn't come here to play less than 22 minutes a game. Williamson, Whitt and Mucius will all get 25+.

Definitely exciting to have depth.

WFU Hoops: '21-22 Roster Construction - Adding LaRavia, Taylor, & Walton

Nothing wrong with being optimistic but although we have gotten much better on paper, I just don’t think we have ACC caliber talent yet. Like I said, I hope Forbes proves me wrong.

By the way, I think Forbes will get this done. I never felt even close to the same way about Buzz or Manning.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic but although we have gotten much better on paper, I just don’t think we have ACC caliber talent yet. Like I said, I hope Forbes proves me wrong.

By the way, I think Forbes will get this done. I never felt even close to the same way about Buzz or Manning.

LOL go look at the new guys coming in and look at their offers, and tell me again how these guys aren’t ACC caliber. Forbes has brought in 7 guys with top 150 talent. I could definitly see this team being on the NCAA bubble.

Back