• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

I hope some are right in predicting a breakout season for Mucius and to have him lead our team in scoring. However, I think that LaRavia, Monsanto and DW will all have a better chance of being our leading scorer.

Yeah. All of this goes overlooked by some. Very few players could've performed at a high level under those circumstances.

Whitt will be able to hold his own next season.
The fact that he now knows exactly what standard he needs to meet and the speed of how the game flows while prepping for his true freshman year is a HUGE advantage.

I hope some are right in predicting a breakout season for Mucius and to have him lead our team in scoring. However, I think that LaRavia, Monsanto and DW will all have a better chance of being our leading scorer.

I must have missed those comments.

I think we'll have 4 guys between 10-15 ppg.

Well when you put it like that...

I agree Mucius will start, and he'll do much better as a wing player rather than being forced into the post. I think he'll be our leading scorer next year.

I am one of the ones high on Mucius making a jump next year but I also agree with this.

I think us being a bubble team depends on Mucius taking that next step and excelling at the 3 and Whitt turning into one of the better point guards in the ACC. I feel solid about the front court.

Monsanto is also promising at the 3.

Last edited:
We spent the vast majority of last year's games playing 3-4 guys out of position. All except PG and even there, DW should have spent more time there but had to play the 2 when Ian was out. Even more when Ian came back and had to play the 3 due to foul trouble at the 5. Fill your weakest link and everyone else improves.

With Walton on the roster in pretty much the exact role that Brunk would have, I can't imagine it is a good fit.

Probably not but this dude is a high level rebounder it seems. Probably true that the staff wouldn't take two 7 footers

Last edited:
Probably not but this dude is a high level rebounder it seems. Probably true that the staff wouldn't take to 7 footers

Walton has not shown that he is a prolific rebounder. Maybe he becomes one if that is his role.

Regardless of skill set, my point was more that we now have 3 players who seem to be exclusively 5s. Adding a 4th 5 doesn't make a whole lot of sense when it seems the staff is focused on getting another ball handler and/or shooter. Or someone else than can log minutes at the 3/4.

So we're fully committed to this offense, when we had a historically bad roster?

Yeah, Forbes isn't going to stray away from what's worked his entire career just because we didn't have the right guys last season.

Similarly, Clawson stuck to his gun while we got the shit kicked out of us for 2 seasons and we've made 5 straight bowl games.

We will have the guys this season for Forbes' offense to look a lot closer to what it is supposed to look like.

Choate doesn't produce many quality D1 basketball players, but JFK went there as did Michael Douglas and Glenn Close (before Glenn Close went crazy in Fatal Attraction), Paul Giamatti and Jamie Lee Curtis.

Even our walk-on guard is 6-4. Loving the height.

Brunk already earned his masters and is going back to school. Wow.

How good is Vladislav Goldin 7’1 Fr from Texas Tech

Back