• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

The ACCis prime for a changing of the guard, and I like our chances to compete for the top. New AD, Coach, players. I hate to lose Randolph from the bench. Would be nice to have some older ex-players around... kids seem to dig that. My pops isn’t sold on Forbes, yet. Say he yells too much! I guess he was okay with Mr. Congeniality the past several years. I can’t wait for this team to prove some people wrong!

It has already happened. It’s UVA and FSU.

I'll give you FSU staying near the top but UVA may have a long road back to the promised land.

Not sure where that assessment of UVA comes from. They had the best record in the ACC this past year. They have by far the best record in the ACC over the last 5 years and they will be good again next year.

Not sure where that assessment of UVA comes from. They had the best record in the ACC this past year. They have by far the best record in the ACC over the last 5 years and they will be good again next year.

Exactly, UVA is not going anywhere. They'll stay near the top, when you have a great coach who is that defense oriented, they have no worries.

We have a great coach who is already recruiting with the best of them. It takes time, 2022/2023 season we will make the Big Dance. Mark it down!!!

Hamilton is a stud, looks like he’s 50. Not sure any coach in America could take him in a cage match.

Iowa's CJ Frederick entered the portal today as well. He shot 48% from 3 this past year. Doesn't commit TOs.

Last edited:
Frederick is from Cincy (he played HS in Covington, KY which is a Cincy suburb). Got to believe that Wes is making a pitch.

Frederick is from Cincy (he played HS in Covington, KY which is a Cincy suburb). Got to believe that Wes is making a pitch.

Damn. Didn't know that. CovCath, used to play pickup there for a bit. Hopefully Frederick is cooler than Sandman. Never thought CovCath would ever produce high D1 talent. But apparently Frederick actually has roots on the Ohio side, which may bring UC back into play. Otherwise, I'd say he would be a lock to UK because NKY is crazy about UK overall. He was apparently the third-highest rated recruit in KY in his class even though he was only ranked 242 in the nation. The highest rated recruit in KY was a white 7-footer also on CovCath who was a 3-star recruit and had committed to Xavier and then couldn't go because . . . he sexually assaulted a girl. So getting back to hoping Frederick is cooler than Sandman and the rest of the CovCath ilk.

Wasn’t that shithead MAGA kid who taunted the Native American activist in DC from Covington?

Wasn’t that shithead MAGA kid who taunted the Native American activist in DC from Covington?

Yes, his name was sandman, as referenced in the post. Angus will be along shortly to note that the kid was FULLY EXONERATED and make a reference to MENSA.

And now he's a multimillionaire from the settlement CNN had to pay him for propogating that false narrative

The settlement amount was not made public. Lin Wood, the crazy QAnon guy, was the kid’s lawyer.

Finding a neutral source and reading the entire story and watching the entire video sequence changed my perspective on that incident a lot.

Duke's C-PF Henry Coleman III (6-8 240) entered the portal. HS Class of 2020 from Richmond

This is just so typical Duke. Coleman would have been a big time recruit for most programs, but he was an afterthought for K. Coleman was the #55 player in the country and had a ton of offers (WF, VT, UVA, KS, Michigan, FSU, tOSU). K barely played him on a bad team that was going nowhere as Coleman played more than 10 minutes in a game only twice all season. After a wasted season, Duke has recruited over Coleman and now he is in the portal. No ACC program wastes talent more frequently than Duke. K didn't even realize Mark Williams could play until literally anyone that watched him play for 10 minutes implored Duke to use a 7 foot athlete that protected the rim and finished around the rim. People need to remember that Duke somehow went 13-11 (9-9) in a weak ACC with the talent Duke had in the program last year. Amazingly, K will get a pass because based upon a perceived lack of talent when Duke will likely have two guys drafted this year, Williams will be a first round pick next year, and the rest of the roster was filled with top 50 talent. Also, Duke transfer Anthony Goldwire committed to Oklahoma. He will be far more productive under Porter Moser who actually knows how to maximize talent.

Not sure if he fits a need for WF right now, but would think that ACC schools will get involved.

Last edited:
Back