• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

RJ loves Neath more than I hated CMM. He constantly criticized Williamson this year and praised Neath. We had 7 turnovers last night without Neath. We played pretty well against GT without Neath. We have Williamson and Whitt. Neath should seek greener pastures. He has some talent but he’s not as good as DW and Whitt.

You Are as wrong about that and as blind as you were about Codi.

"talk about minutes going forward". That's a really broad topic.

I don't want to overstep my bounds but essentially what I heard was that some players, including Ish, were told they won't be getting minutes next year. Sounded like that discussion was had to either encourage them to hit the portal or at least give them time to get themselves situated for the transfer portal if they want to go that route.

From a pure talent perspective, there isn’t one player on this team that I will be disappointed if we lose other than Carter wet. Of course, there are several players I would LIKE to keep. Mucius for his hustle and leader ship. Oguama to see what he can develop into. Williamson as a versatile glue guy. But if I look purely at the talents and abilities of each individual player, there isn’t one that I look at and say “wow, we can’t afford to lose him“.

This is also why I don’t think we can judge Forbes as a coach in any way based on this season. There isn’t one player on this roster good enough to be consistently counted on to lead a team game after game. Awfully tough to coach with that type of talent deficit.

You have just recently gotten quite about him because the entire board all year new he sucked and you were the ONLY one singing his praises. Com-on-man!

RJ that is true, you have sang Neath's praises all season. Be honest man, you have and that is the truth.

I have supported Neath, but to say I have gushed over him the way 22 attacked Codi for four years is ludicrous.

I think Neath was wasted this year by Forbes and the board thinks of him like many think of me.

I have supported Neath, but to say I have gushed over him the way 22 attacked Codi for four years is ludicrous.

I think Neath was wasted this year by Forbes and the board thinks of him like many think of me.

I know you're sharp brother, you can definitely talk ball but I never did understand the Neath love. In the last few games Adam’s got the playing time and he showed what good defense should look like. It’s all good buddy. In all truth, Neath had opportunities to shine and this was not about Forbes, he just does not have an “it” factor at all. He is lazy on the D and rarely did much offensively. On to next year, but for me I think he and massoud need to be gone.

It's possible that Forbes, being the coach and all, saw something from Neath in practice that kept him from playing more. No?

It's possible that Forbes, being the coach and all, saw something from Neath in practice that kept him from playing more. No?

Beat me to it. Forbes is watching other guys earn minutes ahead of Neath every day.

Lol. We think Neath isn't a guy who should get 25 minutes on an P5 team; so yeah, that is how we think of you too. We also think you are a jackass and we don't think that about Neath at all.

Lol. We think Neath isn't a guy who should get 25 minutes on an P5 team; so yeah, that is how we think of you too. We also think you are a jackass and we don't think that about Neath at all.

To be fair, Neath was the one who the Disneyland employee claimed made a homophobic remark...Just to be fair....

One possible piece of the equation that is unknown is how badly Covid affected Neath.

Wake has two acknowledged Covid "long haulers," Ingraham and Dubose. Neath may have had some lingering issues that prevent him from playing like he did last year and early this year. We, or at least I, don't know how much conditioning and strength he lost to Covid.

Neath showed flashes of promise last season. They haven't been there this season. Covid or something else?

Here is an intriguing name for a grad transfer in big: Olivier Sarr, currently at KY.

Here is an intriguing name for a grad transfer in big: Olivier Sarr, currently at KY.

The problem is he could get six figures in France, Turkey or Spain.

If he thinks he could become an NBA 1st Round pick by coming back, then Wake would be a good choice.

The problem is he could get six figures in France, Turkey or Spain.

If he thinks he could become an NBA 1st Round pick by coming back, then Wake would be a good choice.

Fuck that guy. He wouldn't come back to Wake anyway, and if he wanted to, why would the fanbase or (more importantly) Forbes want him back? He can go jack himself off in France.

There is less than a zero chance that Sarr will play basketball for WF again.

Obviously...no one said he would...but you don't pay attention anyway or admit when you are dramatically wrong.

Back