• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
Will continue update this post as we get confirmations of additions and/or departures (or even status quo).

Returnees:
Carter Whitt (FR)
Tariq Ingraham (RS FR)
Daivien Williamson (JR)
Isaiah Mucius (JR)

Additions:
Cameron Hildreth - #117; 6'4" SG
Robert McCray - #131; 6'3" CG
Lucas Taylor - #174; 6’6” SG
Matthew Marsh - #UR; 6'10" C
Jake LaRavia (SO) - 6'9" - Transfer from Indiana State - 3/16/21
Dallas Walton (SR/GRAD?) - 7'0" C - Transfer from Colorado
Damari Monsanto (RS FR) - 6’6” SG/SF - Transfer from ETSU
Alondes Williams (GRAD) - 6'5" SG/SF - Transfer from Oklahoma
Khadim Sy (GRAD) - 6'10" PF - Transfer from Ole Miss

Moving On:
Jahcobi Neath (SO) - 3/11/21 - Transfer to Wisconsin
Emmanuel Okpomo (FR) - 3/13/21 - Transfer to Temple
Jonah Antonio (GRAD) - 3/16/21 - PRO
Isaiah Wilkins (JR) - 3/17/21 - Transfer to Longwood
Quadry Adams (FR) - 3/17/21 - Transfer to St. Bonaventure
Ismael Massoud (SO) - 3/18/21 - Transfer to Kansas State
Jalen Johnson (GRAD) - 3/23/21- Transfer to Mercer
Ian Dubose (GRAD) - 3/23/21 - PRO
Ody Oguama (SO) - 5/4/21 - Transfer to Cincinnati

0 scholarships available for '21-22

-----

June 1st Roster:
Lucas Taylor (FR)
Cameron Hildreth (FR)
Robert McCray (FR)
Carter Whitt (FR)
Tariq Ingraham (RS FR)
Damari Monsanto (RS FR)
Jake LaRavia (SO)
Daivien Williamson (JR)
Isaiah Mucius (JR)
Alondes Williams (GRAD)
Dallas Walton (SR/GRAD?)

-----

May 1st Roster:
Lucas Taylor (FR)
Cameron Hildreth (FR)
Robert McCray (FR)
Carter Whitt (FR)
Tariq Ingraham (RS FR)
Damari Monsanto (RS FR)
Jake LaRavia (SO)
Ody Oguama (SO)
Daivien Williamson (JR)
Isaiah Mucius (JR)
Dallas Walton (SR/GRAD?)

-----

April 1st Roster:
Cameron Hildreth (FR)
Robert McCray (FR)
Carter Whitt (FR)
Tariq Ingraham (RS FR)
Jake LaRavia (SO)
Ody Oguama (SO)
Daivien Williamson (JR)
Isaiah Mucius (JR)

-----

March 1st Roster:
Carter Whitt (FR)
Emmanuel Okpomo (FR)
Quadry Adams (FR)
Tariq Ingraham (RS FR)
Ismael Massoud (SO)
Jahcobi Neath (SO)
Ody Oguama (SO)
Daivien Williamson (JR)
Isaiah Mucius (JR)
Isaiah Wilkins (JR)
Ian Dubose (GRAD)
Jalen Johnson (GRAD)
Jonah Antonio (GRAD)

Additions:
Cameron Hildreth - #117; 6'4" SG
Robert McCray - #131; 6'3" CG

Last edited:
I think the first question would go to NCAA on how many scholarships schools will be allowed to add due to the "free year". Until that happens, it's nearly impossible to figure anything out.

The way I understand it, there is no change to the number of scholarships... We just have room for the 3 Grads/Seniors to return, if they'd like (Dubose, Antonio, Johnson). If they return, they don't count against the limit. If they leave, we don't get an extra scholarship.

That's the way I've heard Forbes explain it, anyway.

As of now, we have one scholarship open... That will likely change as we hear about additional turnover.

If Antonio comes back can we call him Van (after Van Wilder)? Hildreth is a better version of Dubose.

I think we will have three open. BIGS, BIGS, BIGS.

I hope we don't take bodies just to fill out the roster. Keep the extras to get better players in 22.

Yeah, the main issue I see is not the lack of scholarships for '21... It is what happens in '22 when we (in theory) have no graduating seniors (and no scholarships). I'm sure this will rectify itself, but it is worth noting.

My preference would be to bring in as many quality players as possible ASAP (for '21) and then worry about '22 when the time comes to worry about '22.

The main reason for the thread is that there are likely to be a lot of changes for both '21 and '22, so I wanted a place to document that.

I want 2 6'6 - 6'8 athletic wings..3 and D guys who can also create their shots. Also would like a true center...a 7 footer who can BANG and has some post moves.

without naming names, I see 3 guys who are probably thinking pretty hard about entering the portal, not including the 3 grad tranfers- who knows what happens with them.

Yeah, the main issue I see is not the lack of scholarships for '21... It is what happens in '22 when we (in theory) have no graduating seniors (and no scholarships). I'm sure this will rectify itself, but it is worth noting.

My preference would be to bring in as many quality players as possible ASAP (for '21) and then worry about '22 when the time comes to worry about '22.

The main reason for the thread is that there are likely to be a lot of changes for both '21 and '22, so I wanted a place to document that.

The problem is unless they are transfers there aren't many quality players available for 21. I don't want to take very marginal players just to take them. Having guys who can't play take coaching and PT from those who can.

I hope Mucius and Ody stick it out and finish with the Deacs. They're both good dudes and can contribute at this level.

B-Podz would be a huge get for Forbes if we can bring him in next years class. I think it's reasonable to think we have a good chance at doing so.

The way I understand it, there is no change to the number of scholarships... We just have room for the 3 Grads/Seniors to return, if they'd like (Dubose, Antonio, Johnson). If they return, they don't count against the limit. If they leave, we don't get an extra scholarship.

That's the way I've heard Forbes explain it, anyway.

As of now, we have one scholarship open... That will likely change as we hear about additional turnover.

This is correct. WF has 13 ships for next year, not counting any RETURNING WF seniors (Antonio, Dubose and Johnson); any incoming senior transfers would count against the 13.

Our #1, #2 and #3 target should be Boakye. He wants immediate PT and we have it for him. It's too bad Neath didn't have a good year. Those two must have known each other for a while.

The problem is unless they are transfers there aren't many quality players available for 21. I don't want to take very marginal players just to take them. Having guys who can't play take coaching and PT from those who can.

Yeah, outside of the 2-3 potential high schoolers for '21 that have been discussed on the recruiting thread, I was more talking about transfers. There will be a lot of them across the country. And talented players should know that they would see the floor at Wake.

Yeah, outside of the 2-3 potential high schoolers for '21 that have been discussed on the recruiting thread, I was more talking about transfers. There will be a lot of them across the country. And talented players should know that they would see the floor at Wake.

The biggest problem with transfers is you really have to do your homework and that's harder these days.

Forbes' success (as with others with more kids leaving for the G-League) is about building a 3/4 year team. Having a revolving door at this point can be worse than having another bad season and building from there.

Our #1, #2 and #3 target should be Boakye. He wants immediate PT and we have it for him. It's too bad Neath didn't have a good year. Those two must have known each other for a while.

I get the feeling we are really a top contender for him, and I've seen a recruiting guy on 247 saying the same. Right now it seems to be between us and some blue bloods, so if playing time is his main thing he knows where to find it. Might come down to whether or not Forbes wants to deal with the cultural impact on the program of a potential one and done type guy. I assume with how badly we need a dominant big Forbes would be more than happy to get him even it if is only for one year.

I get the feeling we are really a top contender for him, and I've seen a recruiting guy on 247 saying the same. Right now it seems to be between us and some blue bloods, so if playing time is his main thing he knows where to find it. Might come down to whether or not Forbes wants to deal with the cultural impact on the program of a potential one and done type guy. I assume with how badly we need a dominant big Forbes would be more than happy to get him even it if is only for one year.

If you can one and dones (until it ends in 1-3 years) and don't want them, you are less likely to be a good team. The "cultural impact" is do you want to have a winning program.

If you can one and dones (until it ends in 1-3 years) and don't want them, you are less likely to be a good team. The "cultural impact" is do you want to have a winning program.

I tend to have a different outlook on one and done teams. Look at Gonzaga this year, Villanova wining it all twice in the last five years, and the fact that Duke and Kentucky haven't won the tournament in a relatively long time. I think a program built on experience is more sustainable and more likely to succeed than relying on a Jalen Hoard type. With that said given our current situation regarding a lack of size I'd take Boakye in a second. Just wouldn't want Wake to become a one and done factory, but I guess with the rule change that won't be a long term thing anyway.

Back