• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Looks like the LaRavia guy just took all of Massouds minutes.

Easy, easy. I’ve got a minutes projection coming out this week. Be on standby.

I like the idea of recruiting portal guys with 2-3 years of eligibility. The team isn’t going to be a NCAAT level team next season, so I would much rather have guys develop and contribute at Wake for 2022-2023 and beyond rather than for just the 2021-2022 season.

Ideally, I’d like to fill the last 2 spots with Podziemski and a portal big (6’10+). This would set the team up extremely well for 2022-2023 when I believe getting back to the NCAAT is a legit possibility. Feel like Podz is headed to Miami, so getting a SG/SF with 2-3 years at Wake would be huge. Interested to see who hits the portal over the next few weeks.

I’d rather have this guy than Toney...But I’d love to get both.

Laravia, Harra, Ody is a nice front court. Add in Toney and geez....

Yeah, I was about to post:

Let’s lock up Toney and Harrar and have the roster ready to go before the NCAA even crowns a champion!

BUT

I think you want to leave at least one scholarship out there until later in the cycle.

Of course, I’m still expecting to see additional departures.

Yeah, I was about to post:

Let’s lock up Toney and Harrar and have the roster ready to go before the NCAA even crowns a champion!

BUT

I think you want to leave at least one scholarship out there until later in the cycle.

Of course, I’m still expecting to see additional departures.

Yep. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us take 4 more. Curious to hear about Adams, Tariq and Massoud. Im just having trouble finding playing time for Adams. Tariq might want a fresh start due to all the injuries. Massoud could get buried on the depth chart if we land one more wing. Then again all 3 could return and be great contributors.

Won’t let me edit but meant to say 3 more, as in 3 more now that we have Laravia. I just have a feeling that’s how the numbers will work out.

LaRavia kinda has a Matt Harpring vibe to him.

Back