• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Massoud to K State is official.

Current status of last season's Deacs in the portal:

Massoud: K State
Q. Adams: St. Bonnie
Okpomo: Temple
Wilkins: Longwood
Neath: TBD (seen him mentioned with Penn State)
Jalen Johnson: TBD

Just adding that Dubose is pursing professional playing opportunities and Jonas is going pro and selling all his Wake gear via twitter.

Massoud to K State is official.

Current status of last season's Deacs in the portal:

Massoud: K State
Q. Adams: St. Bonnie
Okpomo: Temple
Wilkins: Longwood
Neath: TBD (seen him mentioned with Penn State)
Jalen Johnson: TBD

Neath was the first to enter and may be the last to find a new home.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Article/Kansas-State-basketball-recruiting-Ismael-Massoud-commits-Wildcats-transfer-Wake-Forest-164129750/

When you read the K-State 24/7 article on Massoud, it's hard to understand why Wake wouldn't have wanted to keep him around.

Goes to show you that you know a lot more about the players when you follow the team closely. My point being that we won't REALLY know about any of our incoming players until we see what they can do on the court in a Wake Forest uniform.

Stating the obvious, I know.

Massoud is soft and it is hard for him to put the ball on the floor without him turning it over. Not to mention one of the worst defenders that I can remember. Zero doubt every incoming player we have coming in will be an upgrade over him.

He can shoot it when he is hot though, don't get me wrong.

From what I have seen from him, he would have had to make serious improvements to his game to get significant playing at Wake in the future.

We tried to use him as the only thing we could: A spark from deep off the bench. It didn't work out for us, and if he doesn't work on his ball handling and defense it won't work for K-State either.

Hoping nothing but the best for him though. I still remember how pumped I was when he first signed here. He'll have a fresh start at K-State and it sounds as though they're as excited to have him as we were once upon a time.

As expected, the NCAA Council voted to adopt the one time free transfer rule (college football and basketball players can transfer once without sitting out a year). This rule is expected to be finalized and put into place tomorrow. This confirms that the players involved in the current flurry of transfers will be eligible to play for their new schools next season.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-council-passes-one-time-transfer-legislation-allowing-athletes-immediate-eligibility-per-report/

Not that Wake was targeting them anyway, but the Brewer brothers from ETSU took their names out of the transfer portal.

Kelsey lands a good one at Charleston. John Meeks, from NC, a scoring and rebounding machine from Bucknell just committed to C of C. Kelsey is really good at finding talent.

Kelsey lands a good one at Charleston. John Meeks, from NC, a scoring and rebounding machine from Bucknell just committed to C of C. Kelsey is really good at finding talent.

I don't remember if we discussed him here, but I know he was brought up on the other board. Would have been an interesting player for us, but I guess we weren't ever involved. Agree that he'll be good for Kelsey at Charleston.

Off topic, but I think Charleston can be good right away (or stay good, I guess).
Gray has an uphill battle at Western Carolina.
Wes also has a rebuild at Cincy... But higher expectations, so not an enviable situation.

I mean, Oglesby is exactly what Forbes says he's looking for with the 12th scholarship.

That was the saddest quad party I ever attended

I've done so much work to block the memory of that shitty game being projected onto that dumb inflatable screen. Fortunately I browned out most of it.

Back