• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

so do we read anything into who is being honored on senior night? i saw a tweet for Jalen...?

Don't think so. Forbes has said the decision which seniors (if any) return will be made after the season. That said, don't think there is much of a chance Jalen returns (or Antonio who turns 24 in April).

so do we read anything into who is being honored on senior night? i saw a tweet for Jalen...?

There may be more tweets to come... That was just the latest. But yeah, I don't think it is crazy to infer there might be a signal in there.

Don't think so. Forbes has said the decision which seniors (if any) return will be made after the season. That said, don't think there is much of a chance Jalen returns (or Antonio who turns 24 in April).

And, like clockwork, there is the tweet recognizing Jonah Antonio.

I know that it has already been raised on this board, but it's f'd up that coaches recruit transfers from other schools in-season. WF just played Pitt on Tuesday, and we are talking to a Pitt player the same week. Feels gross. The transfer portal should be closed during the season, and no communications allowed until the NCAA tourney ends.

Maybe our staff just wants some intel on Pitt ahead of the big matchup on Tuesday.

For all the marbles.

In all seriousness, Toney would be a nice addition on the wing. Not really a shooter, but he fills the stat sheet.

Also... ABC... Always Be Crootin

Don't fault Forbes for talking to Toney or any other kid in the portal. He's got to take advantage of every available opportunity. It's the NCAA rules (or lack of rules) which are screwed up.

Looks like the count is up to 4:

Sunday Okeke
Blake Buchanan
Jalen Johnson
Jonah Antonio

Edit to say: They just posted Ian DuBose's.

If Jonah comes back next year, will he set an NCAA record for most senior nights? :)

Have confirmed: Players honored for Senior Night could still be playing at Wake next season.

Looks like the count is up to 4:

Sunday Okeke
Blake Buchanan
Jalen Johnson
Jonah Antonio

Edit to say: They just posted Ian DuBose's.

I did not realize Okeke had been at Wake for four years. Wow.

Have confirmed: Players honored for Senior Night could still be playing at Wake next season.

Appreciate you asking the question.

And congrats on the recent recognition of your work at the WSJ. Well-deserved, and highlights the stupidity of letting you go.

I’m guessing 6 new guys on the roster next year, (Whitt), McCray, Hildreth + 3 more.

Quadry Adams had a pretty good audition tonight. He made a case that he will be deserving minutes next season. But, He too may need to spend a good bit of his summer practicing free throws.

Wonder if we'll hear anything about transfers/moving on from anyone on the roster immediately after the end of the season. Forbes says he does player meetings a couple of days after the last game (so call it later this week, regardless of Tuesday's outcome)... But will be interesting to see if anyone jumps the gun and just enters the portal before having that conversation.

Either way, I suspect we'll have a few answers by this time next week.

With the amount of playing time to sell for a power conference school, Forbes has to be salivating over the prospect of totally overhauling this roster quickly via the transfer portal.

For once the NCAA has given us a gift.

The writing is on the wall for Neath, Wilkins and Okpomo, i bet they transfer out. That would leave 4 open spots and i bet Forbes fill those 4 spots with transfers.

Back