• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

This all stems from Deaconblue seeing an article from last year about Sarr entering the portal.

It was a mistake. Let’s just move on.

Sarr is focused on getting UK to an automatic bid to the NCAAs. Short of that, he’s done with college hoops after the SEC Tourney.

I don't see how this team wins anymore games even if the two guards coming in are really good. We have just nothing inside.

I don't see how this team wins anymore games even if the two guards coming in are really good. We have just nothing inside.

Another year for Okpomo, and the return of Tariq will be an improvement (even if it's just # of serviceable bodies).

But don't discount Forbes getting someone from the portal. That's where he built his teams at ETSU. We'll see how well he can adapt his "hey 4-star guy, you can sit on the end of the bench at a P6 school or start for ETSU" to taking mid-major standouts to play in the ACC.

This all stems from Deaconblue seeing an article from last year about Sarr entering the portal.

It was a mistake. Let’s just move on.

Sarr is focused on getting UK to an automatic bid to the NCAAs. Short of that, he’s done with college hoops after the SEC Tourney.

Apparently so. Sorry about that. It is annoying that internet articles float without publication dates.

I see Neath is in the transfer portal.

tenor-1-1.gif

Wonder how soon we'll hear that Neath is entering the portal... Have to believe he'll be the first and I don't expect him to waste much time doing so.

I mean, I realize this isn't a shock to anyone... But I love patting myself on the back.

Expected. Will be interested to see where his offers come from. He finished last season as follows:

Feb. 19: GT 16 points 3 assists
Feb. 25: Duke 16 points 5 rebounds 3 assists
Feb. 29: ND 4 points 4 assists
Mar. 3: UNC 10 points 4 rebounds 4 assists
Mar. 5: NC State 12 points 5 assists
Mar. 10: Pitt 6 points 4 rebounds 6 assists

6 conference games 10 ppg 3 rpg 4.5 apg

Against older players in competitive games, Neath showed skills indicating that he belonged at the ACC level. Probably more than any other player on the roster, it never seemed like Neath and Forbes were on the same page. Wouldn't be shocked to see Neath play solid basketball over the next two years.

Against older players in competitive games, Neath showed skills indicating that he belonged at the ACC level. Probably more than any other player on the roster, it never seemed like Neath and Forbes were on the same page. Wouldn't be shocked to see Neath play solid basketball over the next two years.

Agree. He'll probably be decent for somebody else. Seems like a player that just needs a change of scenery.

Knowing absolutely nothing, he seems like a Big East kind of player.

Agree. He'll probably be decent for somebody else. Seems like a player that just needs a change of scenery.

Knowing absolutely nothing, he seems like a Big East kind of player.

Big 10...How about Purdue?

Lighten up.

Purdue is loaded with young back court players.

Think this year has damaged Neath to the extent that he's not going to get much Power Conference interest unless its a super low-end team like Nebraska or Iowa State.

What happened to Jalen Johnson’s minutes down the stretch? Just curious bc it seemed to coincide with our slide. Did I miss an injury?

Lighten up.

Purdue is loaded with young back court players.

Think this year has damaged Neath to the extent that he's not going to get much Power Conference interest unless its a super low-end team like Nebraska or Iowa State.

If you didn't act like a know-it-all dick and admitted when you are wrong, things would be much different.

good luck to Neath. I was really excited when he announced that he was staying at WFU with Forbes after the hire, but man he just never got on track this season at all.

Back