• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Long article from The Athletic

Wake Forest transfer Jahcobi Neath on why Wisconsin is a 'perfect fit' and what he will bring to the Badgers
https://theathletic.com/2529272/202...ct-fit-and-what-he-will-bring-to-the-badgers/

Neath has talent and had a promising finish to his freshman year. It was so long ago, and the competition was minimal, but he opened the season well against Del. State and Longwood (44 minutes 18 points, 7 boards, 6 assists, 3 TOs), but he was a total mess after the 30 day hiatus from COVID and it just got worse from there. Obvious that Forbes lost confidence in him and Neath lost confidence in himself. Wisconsin has a very structured offense, which may help Neath. The thing is, if you turn the ball over, you don't play at Wisconsin; so, will have to see how Neath adapts his game. Neath is stronger than most guards and can get to the basket. Will be interested to see how he does. Jalen Johnson is the remaining Deac in the portal with no destination.

Wake offered him in high school but took Mucius and Hoard over him if I remember correctly.

Devante Jones is the Sun Belt POY. Good numbers for a small guard. He'd be a good pick up for a lot of teams.

Jones and Hamilton are rising seniors academically. Unless they have graduated they would be difficult to get admitted due to current WFU transfer policies.

Dylan Disu stud 6-9 240 PF-C from Vandy has entered the portal. He would be a great pick up, but sounds like he is heading to Texas. Texas already looking like a dark-horse Natty contender next year with Beard, returning talent and stellar transfers. Bumming that Beard went to Texas. He's a great coach, and he's going to have Texas among the college basketball elite for a long time.

Dylan Disu stud 6-9 240 PF-C from Vandy has entered the portal. He would be a great pick up, but sounds like he is heading to Texas. Texas already looking like a dark-horse Natty contender next year with Beard, returning talent and stellar transfers. Bumming that Beard went to Texas. He's a great coach, and he's going to have Texas among the college basketball elite for a long time.

Forbes gonna have Wake right there with Beard and Texas!

Patrick Good(ETSU) transferring. He will be a 23 y/o grad transfer. He's 6'0 and shoots the 3 at 38%. I think would be a solid addition to help our young guards and only would take up a scholarship for 1 season.

Forbes mentioned in his last presser that he wasn't going to look at any other ETSU guys, but this was before Good entered the portal.

Patrick Good(ETSU) transferring. He will be a 23 y/o grad transfer. He's 6'0 and shoots the 3 at 38%. I think would be a solid addition to help our young guards and only would take up a scholarship for 1 season.

Forbes mentioned in his last presser that he wasn't going to look at any other ETSU guys, but this was before Good entered the portal.

I guess if Forbes is interested, but seems like Good is a limited player. He a 6-0 guard, who doesn't really play the point (had more TOs than assists) and who logged less minutes than Davien at ETSU. Good also sat out last season too. Have an aversion to small guards who can't create for others. Also, based on his size not sure if the ACC matches up well with his defensive capabilities. Would rather McCray or Hildreth get the minutes that Good might get. Have a hard time seeing Good making a difference at the ACC level. Feel like signing Good would be just filling a roster spot.

Just read that it sounds like we will not be pursuing Good.

In other news I saw that our scorchers are playing but cam isn't listed. Anyone know why cam wouldn't be playing?

Can't find anything about today. Did find this article. Lots of good tidbits and the usual awesome British sports writing with a flourish.
https://www.mvp247.com/2021/04/dash-cam-hildreth/

Key points:

Cam heads to the states on June 1.
He's finishing up school online while playing.

Favorite passages:

Wriggling clear of the restrictions, the Great Hope of UK hoops is making the most of the liberties presented, many afforded as a consequence of his mid-season move from Worthing Thunder to Surrey, and all the additional opportunities that offered.
Due to depart for North Carolina on June 1, his impending scholarship to Wake Forest University renders him an amateur among professionals. Not, however, a boy amongst men with Hildreth’s muscular frame, speed and quickfire decision-making abilities providing him within a seamless transition into the BBL.

Eight points, four rebounds and a couple of assists in 20 minutes per are just the cherry on top of extra shooting drills and the assorted learnings in the gym in Guildford.

There are aspects to work on, certainly. He has converted a mere four of his 28 three-point attempts, many taken in haste although with admirable self-confidence. Free throws, readily earned, have sagged. Relentless at getting into the lane, Wake will be an ideal spot to raise his jumper to the rafters.

The Demon Deacons will look to their British signing to radically improve a team which has slumped since past glories enjoyed when the likes of Tim Duncan and Chris Paul passed through their doors. With a 6-16 record in an abbreviated season, and a speedy exit from the ACC Tournament last month, expectations upon the freshman and his new colleagues will be limited as a consequence. But, adds Ogedengbe, “the one thing you see with Cam is he absolutely hates to lose.”
No matter how Wake accelerates, Hildreth knows that back home, all eyes will be on him – just as they have been since he promoted himself into the BBL.
“I try not to be fazed by it. I just come here and play my game. trust myself. All the talk that people say about pressure and stuff, I don’t really get fazed by it.
“The opportunity that I’m about to go to is unbelievable. It makes me speechless. The opportunity the coaches have given me, to be able to go play in the best league, the ACC, going against the best teams in college basketball, it is going to be great for me.
“And I can’t wait to get out there.”
He feels ready. Prepared. Aiming high.

Back