• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Do we know what the Ingraham situation was? Whether it was an actual injury or Covid related?

It was announced by the program as he'll miss the rest of the season as he recovers from COVID-19.

I would expect to see at least one of the Ody/Walton/Tariq trio on the floor probably 99% of the time. LaRavia, Mucius and a yet to arrive guy will fill another 40 min slot.

Wake needs to play guys with size. With Walton's shooting ability, he could play alongside Ody or Tariq. A seven footer who can shoot like Walton seems to be able to do opens up a lot of possibilities.

Minute distribution during games is important, but it is also really important to have good players to practice against. Iron sharpens iron. Good teams have competitive practices. Think about the difference last year in who Ody was facing in practices vs in games.

Was a little disappointed that it doesn't sound like we will hear anything today. Especially after that comment from an insider on Les' board about Thursday being the best day...

Hopefully we'll know by the end of the weekend.

The juxtaposition of these two posts is very perplexing.

Nothing is set in stone with McKoy and Monsanto. I'm thinking the staff feels good about both but perhaps a little better about Monsanto. That's just from reading what people who know things are saying.

It's recruiting, anything can happen, but WF getting close with both.

FWIW, the offer lists for both players is really strong.

I'm amazed at what Forbes has been able to do in the weeks since our season ended. We may actually be two deep and have parity at every position for the first time in over a decade. The youth at guard is pretty much my only concern, but that's where we supposedly will have the most talent between Whitt, McCray, Cam and Taylor, with Daivien leading the young squad as a senior.

I have no idea how you recruit kids in todays environment, but I'm sure glad Forbes seems to have it all figured out.

I have no idea, but I know I love me some Steve Forbes. I bet our buddy Wellman cringes every time he sees Forbes on the twitter. No coat and tie, being fun, actually responding to questions. Not being an arrogant douche.

I doubt Wellman is paying a lick of attention.

I would not be surprised at all if Ron Wellman sits alone and roots for Steve Forbes to lose games.

Back