• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

I seem to recall he had a parent pass away a some point in the past 9 months. Perhaps he simply wants to play closer to his family.

I was thinking more about over the part 30 years or so. But if he wasn't so old, I would still like him to make a move.

For filling Wake needs:
High end portal big>Okpomo>average portal guard>nobody.

Okpomo played good low post defense and provided rim protection. His offensive abilities require development. I hope he can transfer somewhere he can develop athletically and scholastically.

Yeah. I think Okpomo will get plenty of interest because he’s a big man who can defend. I have no idea why he didn’t play much down the stretch.

I wish Okpomo the best but I feel like I must have been watching a different player than some of you... Dude played in 14 games with 10+ minutes in a bunch of them, pinnacle was 4 boards on defense and 5 points on offense. He was not a good defender this year. His ceiling is a defensive rim protector for a decent team - but he's probably 2 years away from becoming that. He almost played 150 minutes this year and had 5 made shots... Ody is what a project ACC big should look like - he had more field goals in one game as a freshman than Okpomo did all this year.

Forbes had said Okpomo would have redshirted in a normal year.

I think this was a case of Forbes reaching for a player last year because we had a spot late in the recruiting cycle and a need for a big.

I liked Okpomo as a project... Potential to be a rim protector. But having the extra scholarship is probably a net positive.

Okpomo has 16 points, 24 rebounds, and 11 blocks... This season. And 24 fouls.

Disappointing to lose a big, but he was a couple of years away from contributing anyway.

Okpomo has 16 points, 24 rebounds, and 11 blocks... This season. And 24 fouls.

Disappointing to lose a big, but he was a couple of years away from contributing anyway.

Those 11 blocks tied for team lead.

my biggest takeaway is that fans seem likely to take a severely optimistic view towards players after their freshman year. for any other player, i think we see the ups and down of a season or the strengths and weaknesses of a player. but with freshmen, i think it’s east to assume they take their best moments and extrapolate that for a whole season.

i think we’re seeing it with opkomo, but also with neath and massoud last year who were largely unimpressive yet earned super unrealistic expectations that were of course not met.

I think it’s more about bigs than freshman in general. Okpomo has good size, didn’t fully embarrass himself, and had some good defensive plays. We will likely need active bodies at C who provide 15 fouls and don’t give up easy layups.

Greg Gantt is transferring from Providence. A 4 star out of Fayetteville who it appears was not offered by Manning. Would add some size and we know he's been well coached the last 2 years.

Greg Gantt is transferring from Providence. A 4 star out of Fayetteville who it appears was not offered by Manning. Would add some size and we know he's been well coached the last 2 years.

Some size, but not really a big at 6-7, 195. Listed as at SF.

Neath's AST/TO was 0.9. In other words, more turnovers than assists. He averaged 1.8 turnovers per game while only playing 15 mpg. He also shot 22% from 3.

Yet, if you are RJ Hot Karl, he is as good as Jamie Skeen ;)

With the new transfer rules, I wonder if we could get Skeen and Sarr to come back for one more year as a package deal.

Storm Murphy (Wofford) to VT to reunite with Coach Young.

Not a surprise, but I think we called (we call everyone).

Yeah. I think Okpomo will get plenty of interest because he’s a big man who can defend. I have no idea why he didn’t play much down the stretch.
From what I have been told and certainly not official info Coach Forbes was trying to send a message because of certain players dogging it in practice, there playing time would disappear if changes didn’t occur, as changes did not occur, playing time did in fact disappear.

From what I have been told and certainly not official info Coach Forbes was trying to send a message because of certain players dogging it in practice, there playing time would disappear if changes didn’t occur, as changes did not occur, playing time did in fact disappear.

If true, fine. Bizarre season with zero expectations. Build the foundation. Set the tone.

Back