• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Time to get back to the drawing board for a scoring wing. Coleman going to Missouri

No inside info at all, but a Twitter I follow from BSU that seems to generally know what’s up, hasn’t said Missouri.

Sounds like Missouri made a final strong push and jumped in front of us at the last minute. Definitely a bummer. This kid would have started for us from day 1.

Knowing nothing about how Missouri has done the last 5 years, they are no doubt in better shape than we are.

Yeah. We can't lose guys to Missouri.

Maybe he didn't want to move so far from home...or maybe Missouri is buying him a new car.

Knowing nothing about how Missouri has done the last 5 years, they are no doubt in better shape than we are.

I doubt it. They had a decent year last year but lost their point guard to transfer and are coached by Cuonzo Martin. Wake has Steve mf Forbes

Conor said in the free Wake Up article on Taylor's commitment that Forbes is talking to another "really good" high school kid that he may or may not have room for as well as several transfers that he thinks will help mix in with the 4 freshmen to help us win next year. If the high school kid is Aidoo you absolutely take him, but I have a feeling its Podziemski in which case its might just be too much drama to be worth it especially after landing Taylor. Conor O'Neil is still doing an excellent job and giving great info and an interesting perspective in his articles. Glad he's still talking Wake sports.

Very much appreciated.

Had a 45-minute exclusive with Forbes earlier this week, planning to have a story per day next week covering what we talked about. Needless to say he's the first Wake Forest coach to ever say anything as candid as, "Boo and Cam are good-sized kids. I say that, shit, I’ve never met them," to me.

haha yeah, meant to put an asterisk in there to explain. Forbes has referred to him as Boo in passing maybe one other time; I clarified that's who he means some time in the interview.

The classic story/urban legend about the size of a kid was about Hakeem coming to Houston. Hakeem sent over his measurements in meters and kilos. Guy Lewis' staff thought a 6'5 or 6'6 kid was paying his own way over and had him take a cab to campus. When Hakeem arrived the staff was shocked to see a 7' player in front of them.

Forbes is recruiting with both hands tied behind his back without meeting kids in person.

Forbes is recruiting with both hands tied behind his back without meeting kids in person.

Yeah he did a great job putting together a 2021 class and grabbing Laravia. But we absolutely need to get kids on campus to meet Forbes and see the facilities. I hope we can grab some guys in the transfer market to make us more competitive immediately but we need to make a big impact in 2022 recruiting to start building some real momentum.

Jarron Coleman to Mizzou is official. Bummer.

We always seem to miss on targets that we are the only fanbase showing love on twitter to.

Jarron Coleman to Mizzou is official. Bummer.

We always seem to miss on targets that we are the only fanbase showing love on twitter to.

Didn't a couple of Mizzou's guards enter the portal?

Maybe he thought there were more minutes with the Tigers.

Saw our Big man coach AK, having lunch with his family at VT thumbing that phone. After he commented about us laughing at how our anniversary selfish turned out, I asked if the portal was keeping him busy. He chuckled but said it's all worth it. Nice convo and friendly family.

Back