• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Monsanto from ETSU?

Seems like a real possibility. He was a Forbes recruit I think. He has good numbers and can rebound and shoot at 6-6.

If Forbes thinks he can play in the ACC I am sure we would be the front runner for him.

Seems like a real possibility. He was a Forbes recruit I think. He has good numbers and can rebound and shoot at 6-6.

If Forbes thinks he can play in the ACC I am sure we would be the front runner for him.

Thought it was interesting that he considers himself to be a guard.

Thought it was interesting that he considers himself to be a guard.

Me too. He plays like a small forward, but he has good size so he could probably defend against the 4 position well.

Yes. 6-11 with one year of eligibility left and power 6 experience. He put up decent numbers his sophomore and junior year.

Wonder if he went through an injury last season because his MPG dropped from 21 his junior year to 11 last season.

We need to do better than a deep bench player.

We're not going to be able to be that choosy when it comes to centers. But Carlton started for a good portion of his career at UConn and is an ACC level player. He has had several great games against quality competition, consistently bringing energy to every game seems to be the biggest knock on him.

Last edited:
We're not going to be able to be that choosy when it comes to centers. But Carlton started for a good portion of his career at UConn and is an ACC level player. He has had several great games against quality competition, consistently bringing energy to every game seems to be the biggest knock on him.

If Forbes can motivate him to play hard when he is in the game, he could be a useful player. He needs to spend his summer working on his free throws. Need better than his 60% from an inside banger.

We need to do better than a deep bench player.

Carlton would sleep walk to 7/7 and 1 block per game with high efficiency. He'd be a really solid get and not a deep bench player. Once could argue he would plug in and start at the 5 for us. Don't let us ppg and rpg from last season deter you.

Having said that, he's most likely going to Houston.

If we could pull Monsanto and McKoy this week, then woo boy, look out! Both would excellent additions. Those two would add some serious length and skill at the wing position.

He would be an upgrade compared to Okpomo therefore an upgrade to the C rotation.

Back