• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Although, there doesn't appear to be much chance, Liam Roberts, MN, looks like just what we need.

Not because of the decision to fire Dino. Because of the subsequent hiring decisions.

Will grant that Dino was a far better option than his two successors (anyone would've been), but his record as a HC prior to WF was dismal, and he was just fired as a an assistant from L'ville; he's simply unable to run a high level program as Dino's success was due to talent that Skip had recruited (Dino inherited a program with 4 future NBA players).

If there was any thought that Dino Gaudio was well-suited to run a program, he would've had a sniff at other head jobs over the last 11 years. He has not. A pet peeve is the idea that the decision to move on from Dino was a mistake. It was not. The program was headed in the wrong direction. Wellman ruined the program with his two pathetic hires after Dino, but had Dino continued at WF, the program would've been over-matched at the ACC level (again, not saying WF would've been as bad, but WF basketball was not going anywhere with Dino running the program).

100%

Forbest and his staff doing God's work! Never expected us to be leading for him.

Good vibes are in the air!

Just a hope. I doubt he leaves the Midwest, but a 7' guy who led the B10 in blocks and averaged double digit scoring would be a dream come true. But it may be a dream.

But you never know unless you ask.

Just a hope. I doubt he leaves the Midwest, but a 7' guy who led the B10 in blocks and averaged double digit scoring would be a dream come true. But it may be a dream.

But you never know unless you ask.

Is Iowa/Minnesota really considered the Midwest even though it is more on the eastern side of the US?

I've always considered them Midwest. MN may be the northern border. But Iowa is right in the middle of the country.

Would be surprised if Liam is who is about to pop. Sorry about the vagueness but don’t know anything more. Just excited!

It's one of 2 guys most likely. The 2 guys have been discussed thoroughly on Les' board.

I'd be surprised if it isn't one of those 2. I'm happy with either, as they'd both be a talent upgrade, provide some length and can stretch the floor.

Liam just put his name in portal what, yesterday?

I imagine it's one of the 5 guys that were just written about on Les' board. Specifically one of the two who we have been feeling good about for a week or so.

Not because of the decision to fire Dino. Because of the subsequent hiring decisions.

Will grant that Dino was a far better option than his two successors (anyone would've been), but his record as a HC prior to WF was dismal, and he was just fired as a an assistant from L'ville; he's simply unable to run a high level program as Dino's success was due to talent that Skip had recruited (Dino inherited a program with 4 future NBA players).

If there was any thought that Dino Gaudio was well-suited to run a program, he would've had a sniff at other head jobs over the last 11 years. He has not. A pet peeve is the idea that the decision to move on from Dino was a mistake. It was not. The program was headed in the wrong direction. Wellman ruined the program with his two pathetic hires after Dino, but had Dino continued at WF, the program would've been over-matched at the ACC level (again, not saying WF would've been as bad, but WF basketball was not going anywhere with Dino running the program).

Good post. Never thought at the time that we'd look back on the 90s-early 00s period as a hay day to which we've been unable to return.

Will this next commitment be a splish, a sploosh, or a splash?

I'm going with Splash based on the vibes I'm hearing.

Splash to me if the additional info. is correct. Really like a dog playing for us.

With the most recent post from Les, I'm somewhere in between a sploosh and a splash. I had committed to splash based on another post

I was thinking sploosh was better than splash but I'm coming from the Archer perspective.

tenor.gif

Back