Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast

Thread: WFU Hoops: '21-22 Roster Construction - Adding LaRavia, Taylor, Walton, & Monsanto

Quote Originally Posted by Resilient Deac View Post
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...n-meeks-1.html

This guy just entered the portal. Yes please
    6-6 and strong.

Born in Winston; grew up in Burlington, NC. He can score, board and pass. Bucknell is 5-1 when he played and 0-6 when he did not. Would be super-excited if Meeks played for WF, and super-depressed if he played for any other ACC school.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    At the very least, he's VERY intriguing as a 1-year grad transfer at a position of need.

Meeks and Jake Laravia would be super cool...and then one big BANGER

Meeks would have to be intrigued to play in his hometown and be able to play in front of his family and friends. I couldn't imagine we don't go hard after him.

He isn't a total gamechanger due to his lack of pure athleticism, but he would absolutely help at the 4. And only 1 year scholarship. Seems like a perfect match for the Deacs.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Probably worth reposting... Stadium tracks all of these transfers and keeps the page updated:

https://watchstadium.com/college-bas...st-10-26-2020/

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    6-6 isnít an undersized 4 nowadays especially if he can shoot the three. I think thatís what Forbes wants anyway.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    It just hit me how depressing it is that most people are watching exciting conference tournaments and looking forward to the NCAA Tourney while I'm over here refreshing Twitter for transfer portal updates.

Wow, covered John Meeks in high school. He was our POY his senior season, IIRC. Really smooth scorer and could certainly shoot in high school.

A quick look at the portal list seems like 2/3 of the entries are guards.

Just looking in the portal myself and have to ask, what's up with UT Martin 13 guys in the portal?

Bring on Meeks. Also, could we please get new uniforms. Have not been a fan of our current set since we got them last year.

Banhammer'd
    Meeks' numbers are from 6 games, including playing the awful Lehigh Mountain Hawks three times. Context people.

He might be a player, but context counts.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein

I think a lot of people are overlooking the improvement that should happen with a lot of our key pieces in place. Forbes took over a brand new team lacking ACC talent without a real offseason. A full offseason of strength training and system implementing will be huge for guys like Mucius, Oguama, and Whitt. I would be excited to see a starting line up next year of Whitt, Dubose, Mucius, grad-transfer big, and Oguama. That is not a high-tier starting line up in the ACC but I think it could be a good one under Forbes if Whitt, Mucius, and Ody make the improvements that I think they will.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Meeks' numbers are from 6 games, including playing the awful Lehigh Mountain Hawks three times. Context people.

He might be a player, but context counts.
    His numbers didn't look too bad his Jr. season 31 games, 27 min/game. 3.5 att 3 pt shots. 35%. Near 80% on FT. 5 reb/ 11 pts per game.

Banhammer'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    His numbers didn't look too bad his Jr. season 31 games, 27 min/game. 3.5 att 3 pt shots. 35%. Near 80% on FT. 5 reb/ 11 pts per game.
    11/5 in a minor conference is not exciting. If he had shot 53% on threes rather 35%, it would look much better.

We need to bury the LOWF hoping to get low end players. It wasn't that long ago we were getting guys like CP3, AFA, JT, JJ and others. If we're ever going to get back to being good, we have to reach higher.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    11/5 in a minor conference is not exciting. If he had shot 53% on threes rather 35%, it would look much better.

We need to bury the LOWF hoping to get low end players. It wasn't that long ago we were getting guys like CP3, AFA, JT, JJ and others. If we're ever going to get back to being good, we have to reach higher.
    He has doubled his scoring each year. And was on pace to do it again. Not saying he is the be all, end all. Just that he is a pretty good outside shooter. Also a guy who can and will play down low. A guy who makes free throws. And a guy who has improved every year he has played. I like guys who get better with age and experience.

He would be an improvement over the guy who just left, and is at a position of greater need.

Okpomo to the transfer portal per Verbal Commits.
    Hungry

Banhammer'd
    A 6'6 guy playing down low in Bucknell's conference is a world of difference than being a 6'6 guy playing down low in the ACC.

If he comes, I hope he's a stud, but let's not be LOWF pinning hopes on guys who haven't proven anything against good comp.

We need to start reaching higher. Nothing less than being ranked consistently should be accepted.