Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast

Thread: WFU Hoops: '21-22 Roster Construction - Adding LaRavia, Taylor, Walton, & Monsanto

Wake Forest Basketball - '21-22 Roster Construction

Double post due to boards wonkiness.
    Hungry

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Okpomo to the transfer portal per Verbal Commits.
    A little surprised by this. Forbes better be confident he can sign two bigs for next year or next year could be worse than this year.

Banhammer'd
    I am a little surprised about Opkomo. I thought it was generally assumed he would be a multi-year process. He had some upside and we need a presence down low on D.

Quote Originally Posted by berneses View Post
    A little surprised by this. Forbes better be confident he can sign two bigs for next year or next year could be worse than this year.
    we need bigger bigs, but i think the idea that losing opkomo might make a difference seems far fetched.

This really surprises me

Why are people surprised that a 6'10" guy who averaged 1 and 2 might be leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by IAppreciateIt View Post
    we need bigger bigs, but i think the idea that losing opkomo might make a difference seems far fetched.
    I don't think many saw him as a "difference maker" in 21-22. What I and others saw was a raw bug guy who had some good moments. He seemed a good candidate for big man development. Spot minutes and development for two years, then contributor in his junior and senior years. Next year, emergency, five fouls big guy.

If that means Tariq is coming back and cleared, I am cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    A 6'6 guy playing down low in Bucknell's conference is a world of difference than being a 6'6 guy playing down low in the ACC.

If he comes, I hope he's a stud, but let's not be LOWF pinning hopes on guys who haven't proven anything against good comp.

We need to start reaching higher. Nothing less than being ranked consistently should be accepted.
    I would take not being "rank consistently" as progress but you accept what you can.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsmed86 View Post
    If that means Tariq is coming back and cleared, I am cool with that.
    Ody and Tariq can't fill 80 minutes at the 4/5 spots. Need more bigs. Okpomo might have helped cover 5-10 minutes.

Steve Lepore
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkin View Post
    Why are people surprised that a 6'10" guy who averaged 1 and 2 might be leaving?
    And whose playing time dropped to zero by the end of the year.

Who needs big men?

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Ody and Tariq can't fill 80 minutes at the 4/5 spots. Need more bigs. Okpomo might have helped cover 5-10 minutes.
    I am with the assumption we target 2 4/5s for the 3 now expected slots so it won't be 2 guys

I prefer LaRavia to Meeks. The Deacs need size and 6'9"/230 is larger than 6'6'/220. Ai'Diese Toney is more like it in the 6'6" range. It's still early. Good options will emerge over the next month.

Plus skill set dictates they will rarely see the floor together except maybe against UNC.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsmed86 View Post
    I am with the assumption we target 2 4/5s for the 3 now expected slots so it won't be 2 guys
    I donít think we can assume we will get two bigs.

Banhammer'd
    It's a shame Oak Hill's Steve Smith is in his mid-60s or I'd like to have him as a recruiter. He has all the connections.

I wonder why no P6 ever brought him in as an assistant. Unless he gets to keep the money Nike gives Oak Hill. his salary is nowhere near what top assistants make and he could have become a HC.

I seem to recall he had a parent pass away a some point in the past 9 months. Perhaps he simply wants to play closer to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I donít think we can assume we will get two bigs.
    Assumption "we target"

A little disappointed about losing Okpomo . . . good size and thought he was decent for a freshman.