Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10505556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1386

Thread: WFU Hoops: '21-22 Roster Construction - Adding LaRavia, Taylor, & Walton

  1. #1181
    Pitt PG Xavier Johnson is heading to Indiana. Wonder if this means Armaan Franklin is not coming back.

  2. #1182
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    So, Childress is stepping down?
    It's on the Wake official site, so yes.

    ETA:

    In the short run he is moving to the AD office. He is also looking at other coaching opportunities.

  3. #1183
    Quote Originally Posted by deaclite View Post
    Dallas Walton 7 feet tall see Les for details.

    All right. Given the situation at Wake, this guy seems like a good get. I like bigs who can hit free throws. Very useful for end games.

  4. #1184
    All you people talking about Deacs from Colorado and forgetting Jennifer Kupcho. Easy pick.

    (Honorable mention to Sam Raben as well.)

  5. #1185
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    So, Childress is stepping down?
    Operation Human Shield ends after 11 years

  6. #1186
    I know it seems like a step down, but Childress going to Winthrop as assistant to Mark Prosser makes sense to me....Randolph needs to work at a different school if he wants to be a head coach. Not sure if Pat Kelsey has picked his staff yet, but CofC might be a good move for childress too. This is assuming a P5 team is not calling him right now or if Childress just wants to be the resident "legend" of WFU in the athletic department/fundraising team.

  7. #1187
    Quote Originally Posted by SC DEAC View Post
    I know it seems like a step down, but Childress going to Winthrop as assistant to Mark Prosser makes sense to me....Randolph needs to work at a different school if he wants to be a head coach. Not sure if Pat Kelsey has picked his staff yet, but CofC might be a good move for childress too. This is assuming a P5 team is not calling him right now or if Childress just wants to be the resident "legend" of WFU in the athletic department/fundraising team.
    Why couldn't Chill replace Prosser at Western? 11 years as an ACC assistant (several as associate head coach) seems like a pretty good resume for HC at Western.
    Birds are real.

  8. #1188
    oh- I didn't think about that. Childress to WCU as HC seems like a pretty good fit. Good call Birdman- a Bird call if you will.

  9. #1189
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Why couldn't Chill replace Prosser at Western? 11 years as an ACC assistant (several as associate head coach) seems like a pretty good resume for HC at Western.
    Because he has been apart of absolute trash coaching staffs.

  10. #1190
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Why couldn't Chill replace Prosser at Western? 11 years as an ACC assistant (several as associate head coach) seems like a pretty good resume for HC at Western.
    Because he's gonna get the UNCG job when HOF leaves to sit with Hubie.

  11. #1191
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsNVols View Post
    Because he has been apart of absolute trash coaching staffs.
    Bz is acknowledged as being good with X's and O's. The test of coaching not so much. Chill should have decent enough knowledge to coach at the WCU/UNC-G level.

    If that is his choice, good luck to him.

  12. #1192
    Walton's highlight video is pretty damn impressive (it's highlights, I get it) but he seems like he does some important things really well. First of all, he dunks the basketball when he is close to the rim which is already a huge improvement for us. He showed a nice touch on three pointers albeit a small sample size. He looked like he has a high bball IQ based on how perfectly executed those pick n rolls were, and he can block some shots. Drawbacks- he does not appear to be very athletic (3 ACL tears will do that to a guy) and he has never been a guy who played a ton of minutes. But he looks like exactly what we need for a 15 min a game grad transfer. I'm excited.

  13. #1193
    Sounds like more vibes coming tomorrow.

  14. #1194
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,705
    Quote Originally Posted by deacon22 View Post
    Sounds like more vibes coming tomorrow.
    Monsanto? Round him up!

    SC DEAC, where did you find Walton's highlights? All I can find with Google is high school highlights.

    Got it. This is last season vs. Washington, not his 22 point game this year. UW #33 who he guards in most of the highlights is Isaiah Stewart, #16 pick in the draft last year. He's coming along for the Pistons.

    Last edited by PhDeac; 04-07-2021 at 07:54 PM.

  15. #1195
    https://youtu.be/_LVY05NU1ho

    Les dropped a really nice highlight tape of him here. I was kind of bummed we missed out on Josh Carlton but Walton might be better for us.

    Also, how do you share from YouTube like that?
    Last edited by DeacsNVols; 04-07-2021 at 07:55 PM.

  16. #1196
    Dallas Walton reminds me of a less goofy version of Doral Moore who can shoot.

    They have a similar dunking style

  17. #1197
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I think the starting lineup will be Whitt/Davien/____/Lavaria/Ody. Walton seems like a stretch big to bring off the bench. Cam is definitely an high energy scorer who would be good off the bench until he surpasses Davien as as a starter. Same is probably true for McCray. I think Mucius will be coming off the bench primarily at the 4 with some minutes at the 3. If we get Monsanto, he'd probably be the best fit to start at SF in that lineup.
    I was critical of Mucius this year, but I canít imagine him not starting. He should benefit tremendously from the increase in size around him, and would be a load playing the 3.

  18. #1198
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsNVols View Post
    https://youtu.be/_LVY05NU1ho

    Les dropped a really nice highlight tape of him here. I was kind of bummed we missed out on Josh Carlton but Walton might be better for us.

    Also, how do you share from YouTube like that?
    you go to the icon that looks like film (second from right), click on it and a box will come up, copy the url into the space and save,

  19. #1199
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsNVols View Post
    Dallas Walton reminds me of a less goofy version of Doral Moore who can shoot.

    They have a similar dunking style
    Offensive rebounds dunked. That will be a welcome sight.

  20. #1200
    Quote Originally Posted by wakelaw13 View Post
    I was critical of Mucius this year, but I canít imagine him not starting. He should benefit tremendously from the increase in size around him, and would be a load playing the 3.
    He also missed a full offseason of training last year. Think he will be much improved with some strength work with Forbes and co. over the summer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •