• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

I'm running out of room in the thread title... Next update will require drastic measures.

I'm running out of room in the thread title... Next update will require drastic measures.

Abbreviate "Construction" to "Const.". Lose the ' before 21. Change "Basketball" to "MBB" or just "Hoops" That'll free up some character space.

Should also say Jonah leaving as he could have come back

He's in the first post, but I didn't think listing Antonio (and eventually Johnson) was necessary given they were grads and expected to leave. Dubose throws a wrench in that logic, though.

Space is at a premium in the thread title.

"Forbes Reconstruction Project" - no mo Q, NEATH, Wilk, Eman -- add LaRavia

win shares lost:

JA 1.0
IW 0.3
QA 0.2
EO 0.2
JN -0.1

Total lost 1.6

Win shares gained

JL 3.3

Net gain +1.7

Q and Wilkins seemed like good guys and I wish them well but the sooner that all players recruited by Manning are replaced by Forbes recruits the better.

Understand Adams' decision, given the recruits coming in and the players that are staying. Think he may have the best college career of those leaving. Lots of athletic talent and great attitude. Love that combination.

People really fell in love with a guy whose faults we couldn’t see because he didn’t get on the court in ACC play.

Understand Adams' decision, given the recruits coming in and the players that are staying. Think he may have the best college career of those leaving. Lots of athletic talent and great attitude. Love that combination.

I agree with all this. I liked the kid, tons of energy and was a great defender and I believed will contribute in a big way somewhere if he finds confidence on the offensive end of the court.

I hate to lose Adams but I understand that his playing time going forward will be limited at best.

People really fell in love with a guy whose faults we couldn’t see because he didn’t get on the court in ACC play.

Seriously. Point guard without much court vision and zero shooting ability. Maybe it's just that people underestimate how many athletes out there can dunk and play defense? I get why people were rooting for Adams when juxtaposed with Neath, but he has the kind of ceiling you don't want on a legit ACC team unless we're talking about practice. Hope he's successful at his next stop, glad Forbes was (presumably) honest with him about his potential for minutes next year.

Forbes finally has time to get his own people, and indirectly push out the people he doesn’t want. Dubose has yet to announce.

Right. Is it bad to be optimistic that we might have a chance to be decent next year?

Seriously. Point guard without much court vision and zero shooting ability. Maybe it's just that people underestimate how many athletes out there can dunk and play defense? I get why people were rooting for Adams when juxtaposed with Neath, but he has the kind of ceiling you don't want on a legit ACC team unless we're talking about practice. Hope he's successful at his next stop, glad Forbes was (presumably) honest with him about his potential for minutes next year.

I wish him the best and agree he would have struggled for minutes but Dear God, how can you justify critiquing that kid on 73 game minutes spread over 9 games?!?. Ridiculously small sample size for sure but 8/16 from the field and 1.3 A/TO ratio and effort we know Forbes valued proves you blind as well as impatient. You are better than that.

I wish him the best and agree he would have struggled for minutes but Dear God, how can you justify critiquing that kid on 73 game minutes spread over 9 games?!?. Ridiculously small sample size for sure but 8/16 from the field and 1.3 A/TO ratio and effort we know Forbes valued proves you blind as well as impatient. You are better than that.

Agree. No one stated Adams is a program changing loss or that he’s better than those on the roster next year. Just that kid exuded athleticism and a great attitude (which Forbes consistently lauded).

Back