• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Guys who Forbes is bringing in are not tiny: Whitt 6-4, Hildreth 6-4 McCray 6-4. Williamson is the current "midget" at 6-2. Wake has 120 minutes per game available at the 1,2 and 3 spots. Not many of those minutes are locked up.

Wooooooosh

SoCon freshman of the year ETSU's DaMari Monsanto entered the portal. IIRC, Forbes recruited him to ETSU. Monsanto is a 6-6 G-F and was the top-scoring freshman and leading freshman rebounder in the league at 11.7 points and 7.3 rebounds per game. He has started 18 of the Bucs’ 23 games. He scored 23 and grabbed 9 boards at Alabama. He shot 36% from 3.

There's a lot of chatter on twitter about how this is a multi-year rebuild. Conventional wisdom agrees. However, in basketball if we can land 2 or 3 high level players, then you're pretty much immediately back. I hope these next 5 guys we bring in have a couple high level scorer's, regardless of the position, as well as a few solid role players who would be solid role players on NCAAT teams. I acknowledge that we need 1 more true big to go along with Ody, Tariq and to a lesser extent LaRavia.

SoCon freshman of the year ETSU's DaMari Monsanto entered the portal. IIRC, Forbes recruited him to ETSU. Monsanto is a 6-6 G-F and was the top-scoring freshman and leading freshman rebounder in the league at 11.7 points and 7.3 rebounds per game. He has started 18 of the Bucs’ 23 games. He scored 23 and grabbed 9 boards at Alabama. He shot 36% from 3.

Check ya rep

Clemson's Johnny Newman just committed to Wes Miller and UNCG. Newman was a WF recruit out of HS. After starting and getting a ton of PT in 2020, Brownell buried Newman on the Clemson bench this past season. Newman has skills. Can see him excelling for the Spartans.

Also, Penn State Guard Jamari Wheeler committed to Minnesota this morning. Minnesota also landed GW F Jamison Battle yesterday. IIRC, both Wheeler and Battle had been mentioned as possible WF targets.

Finally, UNC walk-on Walker Miller (6-11 from G'boro; he's a stiff) also entered the portal this morning.

He has skills in terms of athleticism, but he doesn't have much of an offensive game.

He has skills in terms of athleticism, but he doesn't have much of an offensive game.

Then, Newman should fit right in at UNCG. That pretty much describes their entire roster.

Clemson's Johnny Newman just committed to Wes Miller and UNCG. Newman was a WF recruit out of HS. After starting and getting a ton of PT in 2020, Brownell buried Newman on the Clemson bench this past season. Newman has skills. Can see him excelling for the Spartans.

Also, Penn State Guard Jamari Wheeler committed to Minnesota this morning. Minnesota also landed GW F Jamison Battle yesterday. IIRC, both Wheeler and Battle had been mentioned as possible WF targets.

Finally, UNC walk-on Walker Miller (6-11 from G'boro; he's a stiff) also entered the portal this morning.

Wes Miller's baby brother.

Positionless basketball is easier if everyone on your team plays the same position

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the recurring weight room videos that Forbes and WFMBB tweet out show 3 of our 4 returning healthy scholarship players, never including Whitt?

I’m not suggesting we should read anything into it, just wondering why he’s not in the videos. He could certainly use some time in the weight room. Maybe he has a chem lab or something.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the recurring weight room videos that Forbes and WFMBB tweet out show 3 of our 4 returning healthy scholarship players, never including Whitt?

I’m not suggesting we should read anything into it, just wondering why he’s not in the videos. He could certainly use some time in the weight room. Maybe he has a chem lab or something.

I was thinking he took some time off and when home. If classes are online at Wake that is

I think they are separating players into groups. Whitt is most likely in a different group than Zay, Ody, and Daivien.

I've heard that Whitt has been very helpful and active in the recruiting process for WF (including landing LaRavia, among others). Not surprisingly, the kid is connected to and universally liked. Less than zero concern about Whitt's absence from a weight room video.

luckily, nobody has expressed any concern regarding Whitt not being in the weight room videos

Les said non COVID related illness and he is better now.

Back