• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Everyone on the roster now is ACC level in my opinion. Forbes wouldn't have kept the current guys or recruiting the new guys if they weren't. Look out for big improvements out of Mucius, Ody, and Whitt this offseason. Exciting time to be a Wake basketball fan.

WFU Hoops: '21-22 Roster Construction - Adding LaRavia, Taylor, & Walton

Disappointing on McKoy but college kids are nothing if not impulsive. Pretty questionable leaving a coach like Bennett for a guy who has never coached a single game. Oh well, we have plenty of talent to be significantly improved next year.

I’m sure the appeal of being the first building block of the new Tar Heel era was too much to resist. Can’t blame him for that. I’m curious what UVA’s roster is going to look like next year.

Welcome Monsanto!

So other than Aidoo, does this account for all of the recruits/transfers that we’re publicly known to be pursuing with those last two scholarships?

Would love to get a Jonah Antonio type Grad transfer with one of these last schollys. Need a 40+% knockdown shooter from downtown.

BPA. I think we’ve got the basics covered but we could use a backup or experienced starting PG, experienced wing, and rotation big.

It still feels relatively early in the transfer portal recruiting cycle. It's nice for Wake to finally have some recruiting success early in the process. It seems a lot better to secure commitments early in the transfer portal recruiting cycle then picking through the leftovers for warm bodies.

Are we confident Wake isn't going to have any more players enter the portal?

Are there any more potential freshmen available that are worthwhile?

Any potential high schools players that could graduate early and reclassify as seniors?

Any potential international players?

It still feels relatively early in the transfer portal recruiting cycle. It's nice for Wake to finally have some recruiting success early in the process. It seems a lot better to secure commitments early in the transfer portal recruiting cycle then picking through the leftovers for warm bodies.

Are we confident Wake isn't going to have any more players enter the portal?

Are there any more potential freshmen available that are worthwhile?

Any potential high schools players that could graduate early and reclassify as seniors?

Any potential international players?

Very confident Wake won't have any more guys in the portal. The only guys returning are Whitt, Mucius, Daivien, Ody, and Ingraham who have all been doing offseason workouts with the team.

Ian DuBose announced the other week he was moving on to explore professional basketball opportunities.

I have no idea who the staff will try to target from here. The last names we heard of were Jonas Aidoo and Brandin Podziemski who seem irrelevant to Wake now. Aidoo was always a long shot and Podziemski seems very unlikely after we took Lucas Taylor in the '21 class.

I am thinking it is most likely the staff will fill the final two spots with experience/best player available from the portal.

WFU Hoops: '21-22 Roster Construction - Adding LaRavia, Taylor, & Walton

The Brewer Bros from ETSU seem like obvious targets.

https://www.wjhl.com/sports/college-sports-2/etsu-bucs/etsus-brewer-brothers-enter-transfer-portal/

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Two more ETSU men’s basketball players have entered the transfer portal, including the team’s top scorer.

Ledarrius Brewer, who led the team in scoring with 16.2 points per game this past season, and his brother Ty Brewer, who averaged 8.5 points and four rebounds, have both entered the portal.

———
Ledarrius was first team All-SoCon. 6-5/195 47/39/70 1.5 ast, 1.5 stl.

Ty is 6-9/210. Didn’t start but played 22 mpg. 43/31/73 had about 3 3PA per game at ETSU and his last year at SELU.

Both have played 3 seasons and would presumably have 2 seasons left. They would satisfy the need for an experienced wing and another big. I can raise a glass to that.

Whitt/L Brewer/Monsanto/Lavaria/Ody or Dallas

That’s a solid lineup.

Monsanto had 52 3s and Jonah had 38 to lead the team.

Yeah. Monsanto made more threes (52/147) than twos (50/102). He was the 2nd leading scorer on the team. Ledarrius was #1 and Ty Brewer was #4 off the bench.

Yeah. Monsanto made more threes (52/147) than twos (50/102). He was the 2nd leading scorer on the team. Ledarrius was #1 and Ty Brewer was #4 off the bench.

That'd be an incredible way to wrap-up the portal. Get the Brewer bros. That said, it might be challenging regarding transferrable credits.

With Monsanto, he has 4 years of eligibility, so even if he lost credits, he's not necessarily behind, since he's a 3rd year freshman.

Think of the subtraction vs. Addition
Okpomo-Walton 6/3 in 15 mpg w/ 23 starts and 84 Pac12 games with 2 ACLs
Massoud-LaRavia 12/6 2nd team All MVC
Dubose-Monsanto SoCon FOY/3rd team AllSC, 12/7 w/ 52 treys
Neath-Hildreth Ginger Brit, KillaCam, have you seen the highlights?
Johnson-Taylor
Adams-McCray
Antonio-?
Wilkins-?

I so like the trend here. Forbsey!

That'd be an incredible way to wrap-up the portal. Get the Brewer bros. That said, it might be challenging regarding transferrable credits.

With Monsanto, he has 4 years of eligibility, so even if he lost credits, he's not necessarily behind, since he's a 3rd year freshman.

Good point unless the Brewer Bros’ credits. Ledarrius had two years at SEMO and two years at ETSU so he may have graduated. Ty has three years.

We’ll see how it shakes out.

Back