• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Pitt PG Xavier Johnson is heading to Indiana. Wonder if this means Armaan Franklin is not coming back.

Dallas Walton 7 feet tall see Les for details.

All right. Given the situation at Wake, this guy seems like a good get. I like bigs who can hit free throws. Very useful for end games.

All you people talking about Deacs from Colorado and forgetting Jennifer Kupcho. Easy pick.

(Honorable mention to Sam Raben as well.)

I know it seems like a step down, but Childress going to Winthrop as assistant to Mark Prosser makes sense to me....Randolph needs to work at a different school if he wants to be a head coach. Not sure if Pat Kelsey has picked his staff yet, but CofC might be a good move for childress too. This is assuming a P5 team is not calling him right now or if Childress just wants to be the resident "legend" of WFU in the athletic department/fundraising team.

I know it seems like a step down, but Childress going to Winthrop as assistant to Mark Prosser makes sense to me....Randolph needs to work at a different school if he wants to be a head coach. Not sure if Pat Kelsey has picked his staff yet, but CofC might be a good move for childress too. This is assuming a P5 team is not calling him right now or if Childress just wants to be the resident "legend" of WFU in the athletic department/fundraising team.

Why couldn't Chill replace Prosser at Western? 11 years as an ACC assistant (several as associate head coach) seems like a pretty good resume for HC at Western.

oh- I didn't think about that. Childress to WCU as HC seems like a pretty good fit. Good call Birdman- a Bird call if you will.

Why couldn't Chill replace Prosser at Western? 11 years as an ACC assistant (several as associate head coach) seems like a pretty good resume for HC at Western.

Because he has been apart of absolute trash coaching staffs.

Because he's gonna get the UNCG job when HOF leaves to sit with Hubie.

Because he has been apart of absolute trash coaching staffs.

Bz is acknowledged as being good with X's and O's. The test of coaching not so much. Chill should have decent enough knowledge to coach at the WCU/UNC-G level.

If that is his choice, good luck to him.

Walton's highlight video is pretty damn impressive (it's highlights, I get it) but he seems like he does some important things really well. First of all, he dunks the basketball when he is close to the rim which is already a huge improvement for us. He showed a nice touch on three pointers albeit a small sample size. He looked like he has a high bball IQ based on how perfectly executed those pick n rolls were, and he can block some shots. Drawbacks- he does not appear to be very athletic (3 ACL tears will do that to a guy) and he has never been a guy who played a ton of minutes. But he looks like exactly what we need for a 15 min a game grad transfer. I'm excited.

Sounds like more vibes coming tomorrow.

Monsanto? Round him up!

SC DEAC, where did you find Walton's highlights? All I can find with Google is high school highlights.

Got it. This is last season vs. Washington, not his 22 point game this year. UW #33 who he guards in most of the highlights is Isaiah Stewart, #16 pick in the draft last year. He's coming along for the Pistons.

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/_LVY05NU1ho

Les dropped a really nice highlight tape of him here. I was kind of bummed we missed out on Josh Carlton but Walton might be better for us.

Also, how do you share from YouTube like that?

Last edited:
Dallas Walton reminds me of a less goofy version of Doral Moore who can shoot.

They have a similar dunking style

I think the starting lineup will be Whitt/Davien/____/Lavaria/Ody. Walton seems like a stretch big to bring off the bench. Cam is definitely an high energy scorer who would be good off the bench until he surpasses Davien as as a starter. Same is probably true for McCray. I think Mucius will be coming off the bench primarily at the 4 with some minutes at the 3. If we get Monsanto, he'd probably be the best fit to start at SF in that lineup.

I was critical of Mucius this year, but I can’t imagine him not starting. He should benefit tremendously from the increase in size around him, and would be a load playing the 3.

https://youtu.be/_LVY05NU1ho

Les dropped a really nice highlight tape of him here. I was kind of bummed we missed out on Josh Carlton but Walton might be better for us.

Also, how do you share from YouTube like that?

you go to the icon that looks like film (second from right), click on it and a box will come up, copy the url into the space and save,

I was critical of Mucius this year, but I can’t imagine him not starting. He should benefit tremendously from the increase in size around him, and would be a load playing the 3.

He also missed a full offseason of training last year. Think he will be much improved with some strength work with Forbes and co. over the summer.

Back