• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

That is big time. Will he be eligible next year?

Yep. Huge get. 6-9 235. Indiana State big. 32% from 3; 51% from 2. 77% FT. 12 ppg 6 rpg. Can pass: 2.3 apg. Draws fouls -- #89 in the country in Free Throw rate. Indiana State played at a slow tempo; so, his scoring numbers could be higher. He was Indiana State's 2nd leading scorer and leading rebounder. ISU fired their coach, Greg Lansing, which pushed LaRavia into the portal.
Since this year doesn't count, three years of eligibility left. From Indianapolis. ALL MVS Freshman team. He will make a difference next year.

Last edited:
That is big time. Will he be eligible next year?

Isn't everyone? I thought that was the deal for next year.

Should still have 3 years of eligibility left.

6'9", 228lbs - Played mostly Center for Indiana State, but more likely a PF for Wake. Started every game for ISU this year (and 25/30 as a freshman).

This is a HUGE get.

To clarify, we don't know if there will be another blanket waiver for transfers to be eligible immediately, but it is likely.

But he'd probably figure out a way into a waiver anyway.

Just checked the tape. I thought his numbers were impressive but his tape is even more so. This guy will be a big contributor for us over the next 3 years. Not very quick but he has a great all-around game for a 6-9 guy and uses his body and strength well.

In LaRavia's tweet, he thanks Coach Forbes and Coach Woodley for recruiting him. Coach Woodley is WF Special Assistant Jeff Woodley who came to WF from Drake. Drake and Indiana State play in the Missouri Valley. So, Woodley would be very familiar with LaRavia's game, and LaRavia's former coach, Greg Lansing.

The tape looks great. Really seems to fit the mold of a position-less player.

Laravia's Win Shares this past year was higher than any WF player over the past four seasons other than Sarr last season, who made 3rd team all-league.

Laravia had more steals and assists than any player on our roster this season. Granted, I’m sure they played a few more games than us.

Back