• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Same class as Jalen Johnson, who could return for us next year, if he wants to and coach wants him.

Were seeing forbes build the roster right front of our eyes that we need to compete in the ACC.

Are we recruiting Lavaria’s teammates? Four other players entered the portal.

Apparently, Forbes is “close” with Greg Lansing who was ISU’s exiting coach. I think that’s Forbes unique advantage — his background has so many diverse and numerous stops (I’d guess more than any other major conference coach) but more than that he seems to form positive connections with others in such a short time. It’s a big part of we got Hildreth as well. A life lesson for us all.

Very true about the relationships. It might be his best quality.

I really hope we get John Harrar. Dude would be the best center we've had since Devin Thomas, but possibly the most physically imposing since Big E, as far as defense and rebounding. Harrar was recruited as a Tight End and then switched focus to basketball.

Disclaimer...I'm counting Collins as a power forward.

Very true about the relationships. It might be his best quality.

I really hope we get John Harrar. Dude would be the best center we've had since Devin Thomas, but possibly the most physically imposing since Big E, as far as defense and rebounding. Harrar was recruited as a Tight End and then switched focus to basketball.

Disclaimer...I'm counting Collins as a power forward.

DT was definitely a power forward.

Mike Nuga from Kent St entering portal. Senior who shoots it well. Averages 18 a game on 50/40/80 shooting. Good rebounder for his size. Scored 20 with 6 boards against UVA early in the season in a close OT loss.

Could be worth a look if he's ok not being the focal point of the offense. This all depends on how many more departures we have, because we need to prioritize a scoring wing and a true center.

Although I think there is a fine line between power forward and center in the game now. The most recent true centers Wake has had imo were Doral Moore and Chas McFarland. I would also say JC played center for us with Dinos being the 4.

hmm, including their center, 6'7" Tre Williams, who attended Woodstock Academy, former home of Ody and most of the UMass roster

(Williams played 30 MPG and looks serviceable - I'm guessing we have contacted him but are hoping to do better)

Wake Forest Basketball - '21-22 Roster Construction - Jake LaRavia commits

I don't think any of them are worth a look.

Key was their other top player and I don't see that he's in the portal.

Cooper Neese perhaps intriguing, but I doubt we do anything there.

I'd still expect us to get a lot more news on players leaving the program. Wondering why that is taking so long. Or maybe I am just impatient.

My first player comp (from a Wake perspective) for LaRavia was Todd Hendley. But more for what he did at UNCW after leaving Wake.

I can't think of a similar player since then... Cavanaugh?

Doesn't have to be a white guy, of course.

Back