• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

At the very least, he's VERY intriguing as a 1-year grad transfer at a position of need.

Meeks would have to be intrigued to play in his hometown and be able to play in front of his family and friends. I couldn't imagine we don't go hard after him.

He isn't a total gamechanger due to his lack of pure athleticism, but he would absolutely help at the 4. And only 1 year scholarship. Seems like a perfect match for the Deacs.

6-6 isn’t an undersized 4 nowadays especially if he can shoot the three. I think that’s what Forbes wants anyway.

It just hit me how depressing it is that most people are watching exciting conference tournaments and looking forward to the NCAA Tourney while I'm over here refreshing Twitter for transfer portal updates.

Wow, covered John Meeks in high school. He was our POY his senior season, IIRC. Really smooth scorer and could certainly shoot in high school.

Just looking in the portal myself and have to ask, what's up with UT Martin 13 guys in the portal?

Bring on Meeks. Also, could we please get new uniforms. Have not been a fan of our current set since we got them last year.

Meeks' numbers are from 6 games, including playing the awful Lehigh Mountain Hawks three times. Context people.

He might be a player, but context counts.

I think a lot of people are overlooking the improvement that should happen with a lot of our key pieces in place. Forbes took over a brand new team lacking ACC talent without a real offseason. A full offseason of strength training and system implementing will be huge for guys like Mucius, Oguama, and Whitt. I would be excited to see a starting line up next year of Whitt, Dubose, Mucius, grad-transfer big, and Oguama. That is not a high-tier starting line up in the ACC but I think it could be a good one under Forbes if Whitt, Mucius, and Ody make the improvements that I think they will.

Meeks' numbers are from 6 games, including playing the awful Lehigh Mountain Hawks three times. Context people.

He might be a player, but context counts.

His numbers didn't look too bad his Jr. season 31 games, 27 min/game. 3.5 att 3 pt shots. 35%. Near 80% on FT. 5 reb/ 11 pts per game.

His numbers didn't look too bad his Jr. season 31 games, 27 min/game. 3.5 att 3 pt shots. 35%. Near 80% on FT. 5 reb/ 11 pts per game.

11/5 in a minor conference is not exciting. If he had shot 53% on threes rather 35%, it would look much better.

We need to bury the LOWF hoping to get low end players. It wasn't that long ago we were getting guys like CP3, AFA, JT, JJ and others. If we're ever going to get back to being good, we have to reach higher.

11/5 in a minor conference is not exciting. If he had shot 53% on threes rather 35%, it would look much better.

We need to bury the LOWF hoping to get low end players. It wasn't that long ago we were getting guys like CP3, AFA, JT, JJ and others. If we're ever going to get back to being good, we have to reach higher.

He has doubled his scoring each year. And was on pace to do it again. Not saying he is the be all, end all. Just that he is a pretty good outside shooter. Also a guy who can and will play down low. A guy who makes free throws. And a guy who has improved every year he has played. I like guys who get better with age and experience.

He would be an improvement over the guy who just left, and is at a position of greater need.

A 6'6 guy playing down low in Bucknell's conference is a world of difference than being a 6'6 guy playing down low in the ACC.

If he comes, I hope he's a stud, but let's not be LOWF pinning hopes on guys who haven't proven anything against good comp.

We need to start reaching higher. Nothing less than being ranked consistently should be accepted.

Back