• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Hope to be wrong, but the Alondes Williams commit seems like a nothing burger. He's a below average defender, and not an offensive factor at all in his two years at Oklahoma. Seems like a Jalen Johnson that doesn't shoot as well. Trying not to overrate Hildreth or McCray, but I'm not jazzed about Williams taking minutes from those guys, unless next year's WF team is competing for an NCAA bid, and Williams is playing materially beneficial role. Hard to see that happening.

Good call !!!!

Hope to be wrong, but the Alondes Williams commit seems like a nothing burger. He's a below average defender, and not an offensive factor at all in his two years at Oklahoma. Seems like a Jalen Johnson that doesn't shoot as well. Trying not to overrate Hildreth or McCray, but I'm not jazzed about Williams taking minutes from those guys, unless next year's WF team is competing for an NCAA bid, and Williams is playing materially beneficial role. Hard to see that happening.
My favorite is "seems like a Jalen Johnson that doesn't shoot well".

No one outside of these boards would know he was talking about a Wake player named Jalen Johnson. Jalen Johnson and Donovan Mitchell have to be the two most unluckily named Wake basketball players.

Back