• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Not to be a jerk, but you realize this would be an unbelievable pull, right? Everyone in the country is after Mitchell. The other two have a long list of suitors as well.

If Forbes is able to pull that off, or a similar haul, with the returning talent we have, then we would be a top-25 team

Yes, I realize that would be an outstanding group of recruits. That is what Forbes needs to be more competitive next year. Some of the transfers that have been mentioned/endorsed on this thread would not contribute. Just more of the same. Just separating the wheat from the chaff imho.

Forbes has to balance incoming transfers with 2021-22 recruits. Transfers are also discouraged by Wake's transfer policies unless they are grad transfers. Quite a juggling act.

Yes, I realize that would be an outstanding group of recruits. That is what Forbes needs to be more competitive next year. Some of the transfers that have been mentioned/endorsed on this thread would not contribute. Just more of the same. Just separating the wheat from the chaff imho.

Forbes has to balance incoming transfers with 2021-22 recruits. Transfers are also discouraged by Wake's transfer policies unless they are grad transfers. Quite a juggling act.

Absolutely, also starved for success that even putting something like that out into existence just seems so surreal. Forbes is really going to have to show off his recruiting chops over the next couple months

WRS, go bang your wife 4 times a night and live a cooler life than the rest of us and just mind your own business, ALRIGHT??

Reactions: WRS
Shout out to Les & 24/7 for focusing on this topic... They will have better and more current information than is available elsewhere, so I suggest paying for that content. I will not post anything here that I pick up from over there.

Will generally just post stuff from Twitter, because that feels more like "public" info.

For example, there is a nice update from Les this morning on a couple of names the staff appears to be focusing on (and names where they aren't).

Thanks. Heading over.

WRS, go bang your wife 4 times a night and live a cooler life than the rest of us and just mind your own business, ALRIGHT??

First of all that happened once and it’s starting to feel like everything will be downhill from there

Weren't we surprised when Mitchell went to UMass rather than Wake?

UMass hired Mitchell’s HC at Woodstock Academy, Tony Bergeron, to help bring Mitchell there. Bergeron is also engaged to Mitchell’s Mom. Wherever Mitchell lands, it will probably be due to Bergeron getting a spot on the bench or some previous connections. Doubt we have a chance here unless Randolph was the lead guy in recruiting Mitchell with the previous staff.

UMass hired Mitchell’s HC at Woodstock Academy, Tony Bergeron, to help bring Mitchell there. Bergeron is also engaged to Mitchell’s Mom. Wherever Mitchell lands, it will probably be due to Bergeron getting a spot on the bench or some previous connections. Doubt we have a chance here unless Randolph was the lead guy in recruiting Mitchell with the previous staff.

This is accurate, according to my UMass contact. Highly doubtful that we’ll land Mitchell.

Penn State big man John Harrar is in the portal. Really developed during his career. Would be great fit for the Deacs and Coach Forbes.

Weren't we surprised when Mitchell went to UMass rather than Wake?

We didn't even get a visit. Felt like a possibility for a while, but then he visited UMass, ND, and UConn. By the time his decision came around, we weren't really in consideration.

I expect more into the portal over the next few weeks. Particularly grad transfers who may not see NBA in their future, and are willing to parlay their last year of eligibility into a graduate degree.

Wow. Real mature. Show some respect, Creamy

DhW7debUYAAUSHk.jpg

That's about as "All In" as you can get if you are the kid's head coach AND marrying his mom. Serious investment I would say.

Great insight on Mitchell. Do we have any single assistants on the staff? Time to step up and take one for the team... ;-)

Back