• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

If he’s got good hands we will be in good shape. Has the beef like Tony woods, but his hands were trash.

the Wake Basketball account announced Marsh's commitment, so seems any admissions stuff has gotten worked out. Let's see those minutes projections!

Whitt
DW
Mucius
LaRavia
Walton

6th man - Williams
7/8/9 - Hildreth, Sy, McCray
10-12 - Tariq, Taylor, Marsh

I agree. It will be a 3 man C rotation and Marsh will play garbage minutes. Walton/Sy/Tariq will play 10-20 minutes a game based on matchups and who is playing well.

The more I marinate on minutes, the more I realize how clueless I am on the subject.

It's easy to plug in Whitt, Williamson, Mucius, LaRavia, & Walton as starters with Williams & Sy first off the bench (or some derivative of that). Those are the guys that have some level of experience and a record to scrutinize.

But you also have to assume at least 1-2 of Ingraham, Hildreth, McCray, Taylor, & Marsh will crack the rotation and compete for substantial minutes this season. We just don't have enough information to know which one(s) it will be. Probably won't have that until the season starts.

Love the depth. Excited that Forbes has to make ostensibly tough decisions this season about playing time. Didn't have that issue last year.

A lot of good vibes from the insiders on the other board about future recruits.

We are going to be a force in the ACC sooner than many of us realize.

A lot of positive vibes for 2022 and beyond. Seems like a fun ride ahead!

These new highlights on YouTube posted by Les make the minutes projections a little tougher. Great size. Good athleticism. Loves to finish. Doesn't put the ball down much but has a powerful dribble to the basket. Somewhat comfortable with the pick and roll.

Remember when we were worried that we wouldn't have any bigs for this year?

Those highlights are encouraging. He appears to want to hang around the basket and finish strong. He has solid touch with both hands around the rim. Not sure about his defense- if he has the athleticism to play against ACC bigs, I think he can be a contributor.

I don't think he is a 5-out type of center, so Coach Forbes would have to work around that.

Last edited:
Some sites have him listed as a forward. If he could get a moderately decent 3pt shot, maybe 28%, then he could play some stretch 4 to give Laravia a rest. I'm excited to see what LaRavia and Walton can do on the court at the same time. Both legitimate stretch big men. I bet Mucius has a good shooting year too. We don't have any dead eye shooters like Jonah Antonio, but we have 6 or or so guys that can shoot it 30%+ per clip.

Getting some legit shooters is the next step for the program. Forbes accomplished several steps this offseason like getting some playmakers, athletes, and a physical big with great size.

When does the basketball schedule typically come out? I want to get hyped and start planning some games to go to.

I anticipate Jake being my favorite new player, but McCray is a close second. I have a feeling he's going to be nasty.

Back