• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

I love the audacity of a minutes projection for '21-22 in early March. It's spectacular.

Agree w/ Pilchard, too.

Can't stop, won't stop!

As mentioned, I'll be back the first week of April for updated projections.

There will be a lot of minutes for Whitt, Williamson, McCray, Hildreth, and Dubose at 1-3 next year.

200 game minutes... Those 5 guys will eat up about 120 (+/-) of those, I'd assume. Assuming they are all on the roster, of course.

Can't stop, won't stop!

As mentioned, I'll be back the first week of April for updated projections.

I plan on updating the original post as real time as I can... But will also provide a snapshot at the beginning of every month so we can look back and view how the roster changed over time.

Love DW but i do wonder if his lack of size limits his upside. he's sort of a low ceiling, high floor guy?

I love Daivien as a sort of super-utility guard. Experienced guy, understands being part of a winning team, does a lot of things well even if not at an elite level. Think he’ll probably be a great asset for the team but agree that we probably won’t go far if he’s out starting PG.

I love Daivien as a sort of super-utility guard. Experienced guy, understands being part of a winning team, does a lot of things well even if not at an elite level. Think he’ll probably be a great asset for the team but agree that we probably won’t go far if he’s out starting PG.

Williamson hasn't really played that much PG this year. Over the last 5 games according to KP, Carter Whitt has played PG for 59% of the minutes, Neath 23% and Davien 18%. In the 14 D-1 games played since the shutdown either Whitt or Neath has started at PG for 12 of them. I don't think Forbes thinks of DW as a PG. He is a combo guard who can handle the point, but not primarily a PG.

Looking forward to the small ball lineup of Whitt, Williamson, McCray, Hildreth and Duobse. Screw anyone over 6'5...Lets run baby!

Can't run if you don't get rebounds. Steals only can get you so far.

What I haven't seen from Neath this year that was his go-to last year is driving the lane and finishing at the rim. He was good at finishing through contact. I haven't seen him do that much this season. With the way Wake has been guarded, the lane is open for driving.

JNHO, but Whitt needs to get stronger, play better defense (strength will help) create more offense for himself and others before I want him playing 25 minuyes a game.

I'm stoked for 2021-2022 minutes projections based on who I think is returning with no knowledge of the reality of the situation

PG - Whitt - 25 min, Williamson 10 min McCray 5 min
SG - Dubose 15 min, Williamson 5 min, McCray 10 min Hildreth 10 min
F - Mucius 15 min McCray 5 min, Hildreth 10 min, Dubose 10 min
F - Super Stud grad transfer 25 minutes, Mucius 15 min
C - Ody/Emma/Tariq/grad transfer

This is the scenario where Adams, Neath, Massoud, Wilkins, Johnson and Antonio all move on. I'm not wishing for anyone to move on...This is baseless speculation and Creamy/Resilient shall not be held accountable for this post.

I think McCray and Hildreth are going to come in immediately and compete for starting jobs.

Gotta get that 6'9 - 6'10 super stud grad transfer who can bang AND stretch the floor.

IMHO Whitt must improve his defense and be able to penetrate and score or dish out to the perimeter before I wamt him playing 25 minutes a game. Not dissing him because he should be in high school and 10 to 15 pounds of muscle will certainly help.

What I haven't seen from Neath this year that was his go-to last year is driving the lane and finishing at the rim. He was good at finishing through contact. I haven't seen him do that much this season. With the way Wake has been guarded, the lane is open for driving.

Ask the coach...

From Forbes’ comments last night, it sounds like he can see Quadry developing and being a solid ACC player (especially defensively) over the next few years. He talked about how hard he practices, how he’s a great kid, and a such big energy guy. With his possible emergence and then the incoming guards, I don’t see how Neath sees a role for himself here. Not cheering for Neath to transfer, but if he does, that would give Forbes 2 open schollys for Podz, Klaczek, and transfer options.

IMHO Whitt must improve his defense and be able to penetrate and score or dish out to the perimeter before I wamt him playing 25 minutes a game. Not dissing him because he should be in high school and 10 to 15 pounds of muscle will certainly help.

I think adding 10+ pounds of muscle and the strength that would go with that addition is very doable in a year,or really, none months. Whitt is at that time in his life when his body should be filling out.

Wake Forest Basketball - '21-22 Roster Construction

I wouldn’t be shocked to see four guard lineups out of necessity if Mucius and Massoud aren’t hitting their shots and we don’t have legit PF transfer. Hildreth has good enough size. Much better ball handler than Mucius and Massoud. He’d be a matchup nightmare. He’s top 5 in every major stat for Surrey except points and minutes.

We aren’t going to be good next year and Forbes is going to play the promising young guys as much as possible.

Last edited:
JNHO, but Whitt needs to get stronger, play better defense (strength will help) create more offense for himself and others before I want him playing 25 minuyes a game.

He is still a HS senior. I will give him a pass this season.

He is still a HS senior. I will give him a pass this season.

He's also playing on a team that dunks less than his high school team and is dead last in field goal percentage in the ACC. Kinda hurts the assist total. On the plus side he's only averaged 2 turnovers per game over the past 5 games. He's already improving.

Whitt has had some great passes during games that the other guys just haven't been able to handle. He makes passes we haven't seen at Wake since Ish/Teague

He's also playing on a team that dunks less than his high school team and is dead last in field goal percentage in the ACC. Kinda hurts the assist total. On the plus side he's only averaged 2 turnovers per game over the past 5 games. He's already improving.

One thing he seems to have figured out is that a pass he can make, but that a team mate can't catch is a bad pass. So don't make it.

I think adding 10+ pounds of muscle and the strength that would go with that addition is very doable in a year,or really, none months. Whitt is at that time in his life when his body should be filling out.

I think he'll gain more than ten pounds. Strength wasn't his problem on D. His lack of lateral quickness and not understanding how to cut off lanes was. Hopefully, he will learn and drill this, because this season he was as bad as could be on D.

so do we read anything into who is being honored on senior night? i saw a tweet for Jalen...?

Back