• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Battle of Attrition -- WF at Pitt -- Tuesday March 2 6 pm ACCN

At a poor man's brandon childress level maybe. Not good enough to scare acc ds

Lack of pure athleticism and toughness showed up tonite. If you take Champagne out of the equation, talent level was probably similar.

Okpomo, Johnson DNP
Wilkins 1 minute
Neath 4 minutes

Adams gets 11 minutes.

I think Wilkins was hurt very early. He went into the stanchion on a drive, went down and stayed down while Pitt scored 5 on 4 at the other end. Then TO, not explained by the outstanding game announcers. Wilkins never played after that.

I think Wilkins was hurt very early. He went into the stanchion on a drive, went down and stayed down while Pitt scored 5 on 4 at the other end. Then TO, not explained by the outstanding game announcers. Wilkins never played after that.

Pretty sure that was Williamson, who came back later in the game.

Went back as far as this board is archived, and the oldest game thread I came across is from January 2012 vs. Maryland. Don't know what sort of team we had then (assuming we were Buzzed then, not very good), but for comparison to today, there were 41 pages for that particular game.

Went back as far as this board is archived, and the oldest game thread I came across is from January 2012 vs. Maryland. Don't know what sort of team we had then (assuming we were Buzzed then, not very good), but for comparison to today, there were 41 pages for that particular game.

Some differences between then and now that I can think of: people could actually go to games in person, games were on TV that people could actually use to watch games, the game announcers actually knew something about the teams playing and the ACC, Wake fans had not been subjected to a decade of poor to terrible to awful basketball.

I haven't watched WFU basketball games in years, for all the obvious reasons. But I do watch Forbes' post-game press conferences. Because he seems like a really good dude who knows exactly what it takes to win games. Our last two coaches were the complete opposite.

So I guess that's a start.

Watched on the dvr, or we might have had 6 pages. :rulz:

- You know it's not going to be a good night when the other team, banks in a 3, has one bounce up and touch all parts of the rim and fall, some bizarre 3 is thudded on the back of the rim dies and drops in, the other teams center who has taken 4 3's and made 1 takes the open shot and makes it.

- Add in some of Pitt's horid FT shooters made at least 1 of 2.

- DuBose - certainly looks way off. No idea if he has lingering covid side effects. Goes from blasting out of gate with double digit games to barely scratching lately.
- Massoud - well at least he hit a few shots, but he doesn't like passing no matter where he is on the court. He'd rather take a contested shot than pass around to a good shot.
- Ody - probably hit the wall. Hanging on to the ball to much and forcing shots up, if he even shoots.

- Our offense, early in the game it seemed like we passed it around with no conviction or intent to score. I feel like there are times that they forget the point of passing is to move the defense to get a good shot, instead we milk the clock and wind up with a rushed desperation shot.

- When we do get good open shots they guys are not knocking down a high percentage of those. Didn't we miss 3 open 3's on one possession?

Massoud had the second most assists on the team including two excellent passes for wide open threes.

There were portions of the second half when Pitt had all five defenders guarding Wake players around the three point line. Total disregard for Wake's ability to score inside. It worked.

There was more energy and effort on offense, but poor execution.

Defense has disappeared. The lack of effort/energy is matched by the lack of commitment. Aggravating.

It may be another decade yet before we know the full extent of the damage Ron Wellman, Jeff [Redacted] and Danny Manning inflicted on the program.

From a Wolfpacker's perspective: You've gotten through Herb and Sidney. Now you're in the Gottfried phase. Expect high highs, low lows, and maybe a knocked up coed.

We held them to 70 points and they had what 3 fluky 3 pointers go in.

"This team's skill level is below average." - Steve Forbes post game comment.

We'll say this.... he tells it like it is. No BS.

Let him get his players and the future is bright.

"This team's skill level is below average." - Steve Forbes post game comment.

We'll say this.... he tells it like it is. No BS.

Let him get his players and the future is bright.

Christ.

The context was after my stumbling question about their season-long issue with having shots blocked, he said that their skill level of driving the ball is below average.

"I mean, listen, you have to be able to score at the rim, fellas. You can’t just make 3s and win basketball games. And I think we’ve done a good job of getting there for a team that’s skill level is probably below average. Again, no disrespect to my team, but it’s just being honest. We’re not a team that is going to go in there and drive you to the basket every time and finish."

I might be wrong and if I am I'll eat a big plate of crow, but I think Forbes is going to be a lot better than Gottfried.

Christ.

The context was after my stumbling question about their season-long issue with having shots blocked, he said that their skill level of driving the ball is below average.

"I mean, listen, you have to be able to score at the rim, fellas. You can’t just make 3s and win basketball games. And I think we’ve done a good job of getting there for a team that’s skill level is probably below average. Again, no disrespect to my team, but it’s just being honest. We’re not a team that is going to go in there and drive you to the basket every time and finish."

I love this. Hopefully future potential recruits do too, and see it as a chance to come in and make an immediate impact

Back