Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    Whatís next, Walt Disney?
    PhDeac weeps and pretends to burn his annual FL resident Disney passes in an ashtray

Horton Hears a Lube

Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    Whatís next, Walt Disney?
    Wasnít Disney like a legit Nazi? Seems worse than Seuss to me .

I disagree with you
    i think we can all agree that, as kid book material goes, dr. seuss books are wildly overrated

Funny that deacspop insists heís not glued to Fox News but then brings up this smooth brain faux outrage out of nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    We are all such fucking pussies.
    Agreed.

The right seems to be the most hypocritical about it, especially when referring to snowflakes while being the most special snowflakes. Of course, then there is the "free market" hypocrisy: when it's a cake for gay people, that's just free enterprise; when it's a book publisher who decides not to public racist tropes, that's cancel culture.

I wish they'd ban that dumbass "Oh the Places You'll Go" book that I got like 27 times when I graduated.

Quote Originally Posted by wakelaw13 View Post
    Agreed.

The right seems to be the most hypocritical about it, especially when referring to snowflakes while being the most special snowflakes. Of course, then there is the "free market" hypocrisy: when it's a cake for gay people, that's just free enterprise; when it's a book publisher who decides not to public racist tropes, that's cancel culture.
    I agree hard left and hard right are horseshoed in pussiery.

Quote Originally Posted by 06deacon View Post
    Funny that deacspop insists heís not glued to Fox News but then brings up this smooth brain faux outrage out of nowhere
    Forgot that anyone over 65 isn't allowed an independent thought without being accused of getting it from Fox News.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by wakelaw13 View Post
    Agreed.

In this case it was Seussí own family who said their ancestor wrote some blatantly racist stuff and they didnít want to publish it anymore.

Disney on their own said some of their old films and shows and rides had or referenced some racist stuff. So theyíre putting those films and shows in context and updating the rides. Nobody was protesting or canceling Jungle Cruise. There was no #DrainSplashMountain hashtag campaign. Disney made a business decision. They donít want viewers to think Disney endorsed the Confederate flag because Johnny Cash performed in front the flag in a 1981 episode of The Muppet Show.

For some reasons, there are a lot of white people who love old timey racism.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsPop View Post
    Forgot that anyone over 65 isn't allowed an independent thought without being accused of getting it from Fox News.
    Címon man. Odds are you heard about it from a conservative source. They spread lies and misinformation and viewers think itís original thought.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    In this case it was Seussí own family who said their ancestor wrote some blatantly racist stuff and they didnít want to publish it anymore.

Disney on their own said some of their old films and shows and rides had or referenced some racist stuff. So theyíre putting those films and shows in context and updating the rides. Nobody was protesting or canceling Jungle Cruise. There was no #DrainSplashMountain hashtag campaign. Disney made a business decision. They donít want viewers to think Disney endorsed the Confederate flag because Johnny Cash performed in front the flag in a 1981 episode of The Muppet Show.

For some reasons, there are a lot of white people who love old timey racism.
    We should rename Disney world/land. Fuck Nazi's.

Banhammer'd
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    i think we can all agree that, as kid book material goes, dr. seuss books are wildly overrated
    Dr. Seuss was the most important author of the twentieth century. His books got hundreds of millions of kids to love reading.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Címon man. Odds are you heard about it from a conservative source. They spread lies and misinformation and viewers think itís original thought.
    I heard about it first because Bill Maher did a segment about cancel culture.

We should rename Disney world/land. Fuck Nazi's.
    You're anti-fascist now?
    Birds are real.

I agree hard left and hard right are horseshoed in pussiery.
    I heard about it first because Bill Maher did a segment about cancel culture.
    lol it's only those free thinkin individuals like you and bill maher that have struck the right balance

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Dr. Seuss was the most important author of the twentieth century. His books got hundreds of millions of kids to love reading.
    lol no

Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    I wish they'd ban that dumbass "Oh the Places You'll Go" book that I got like 27 times when I graduated.
    27 copies and still ended up in Wilkes County

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    You're anti-fascist now?
    Always have been. Catch up.