• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dr. Seuss

i think we can all agree that, as kid book material goes, dr. seuss books are wildly overrated

Funny that deacspop insists he’s not glued to Fox News but then brings up this smooth brain faux outrage out of nowhere

We are all such fucking pussies.

Agreed.

The right seems to be the most hypocritical about it, especially when referring to snowflakes while being the most special snowflakes. Of course, then there is the "free market" hypocrisy: when it's a cake for gay people, that's just free enterprise; when it's a book publisher who decides not to public racist tropes, that's cancel culture.

I wish they'd ban that dumbass "Oh the Places You'll Go" book that I got like 27 times when I graduated.

Agreed.

The right seems to be the most hypocritical about it, especially when referring to snowflakes while being the most special snowflakes. Of course, then there is the "free market" hypocrisy: when it's a cake for gay people, that's just free enterprise; when it's a book publisher who decides not to public racist tropes, that's cancel culture.

I agree hard left and hard right are horseshoed in pussiery.

Funny that deacspop insists he’s not glued to Fox News but then brings up this smooth brain faux outrage out of nowhere

Forgot that anyone over 65 isn't allowed an independent thought without being accused of getting it from Fox News.

Agreed.

In this case it was Seuss’ own family who said their ancestor wrote some blatantly racist stuff and they didn’t want to publish it anymore.

Disney on their own said some of their old films and shows and rides had or referenced some racist stuff. So they’re putting those films and shows in context and updating the rides. Nobody was protesting or canceling Jungle Cruise. There was no #DrainSplashMountain hashtag campaign. Disney made a business decision. They don’t want viewers to think Disney endorsed the Confederate flag because Johnny Cash performed in front the flag in a 1981 episode of The Muppet Show.

For some reasons, there are a lot of white people who love old timey racism.

Forgot that anyone over 65 isn't allowed an independent thought without being accused of getting it from Fox News.

C’mon man. Odds are you heard about it from a conservative source. They spread lies and misinformation and viewers think it’s original thought.

In this case it was Seuss’ own family who said their ancestor wrote some blatantly racist stuff and they didn’t want to publish it anymore.

Disney on their own said some of their old films and shows and rides had or referenced some racist stuff. So they’re putting those films and shows in context and updating the rides. Nobody was protesting or canceling Jungle Cruise. There was no #DrainSplashMountain hashtag campaign. Disney made a business decision. They don’t want viewers to think Disney endorsed the Confederate flag because Johnny Cash performed in front the flag in a 1981 episode of The Muppet Show.

For some reasons, there are a lot of white people who love old timey racism.

We should rename Disney world/land. Fuck Nazi's.

i think we can all agree that, as kid book material goes, dr. seuss books are wildly overrated

Dr. Seuss was the most important author of the twentieth century. His books got hundreds of millions of kids to love reading.

C’mon man. Odds are you heard about it from a conservative source. They spread lies and misinformation and viewers think it’s original thought.

I heard about it first because Bill Maher did a segment about cancel culture.

Back