• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dr. Seuss

So kids can turn on TV in the middle of the afternoon and see every bizarre shit imaginable and it's preferable to cancel Dr. Seuss?

Wow.

Dr Suess hasn’t been cancelled. 6 books out of his catalog of over 60 publications won’t be produced anymore. Similar to Disney not producing Song the South.

Forgot that anyone over 65 isn't allowed an independent thought without being accused of getting it from Fox News.

What do you want me to say? You heard or read something and ran here to post. Did you not think to look it up first from a real source to learn what was actually happening, such as the second quoted post? No, you ran with your partial truth because it was pretty close to what you wanted to believe anyway with your cancel culture nonsense (first quoted post). Great, maybe you didn’t get it directly from Fox News but shit man, the same pattern is there.

What do you want me to say? You heard or read something and ran here to post. Did you not think to look it up first from a real source to learn what was actually happening, such as the second quoted post? No, you ran with your partial truth because it was pretty close to what you wanted to believe anyway with your cancel culture nonsense (first quoted post). Great, maybe you didn’t get it directly from Fox News but shit man, the same pattern is there.

Got to make sure it's on Jacobin before posting. One article everybody knows the rules.

kids TV "in the afternoon" isn't really that bizarre, it's just bad. i'd agree with Pops though if you count the "kids content" stuff that auto-rolls on youtube. some of that is just whacked out surrealist nonsense.

kids TV "in the afternoon" isn't really that bizarre, it's just bad. i'd agree with Pops though if you count the "kids content" stuff that auto-rolls on youtube. some of that is just whacked out surrealist nonsense.

And if you just watch kids stuff on Amazon prime or Netflix or PBS kids app then you don’t even get commercials.

You can stick your patterns you know where. No partial truths; I knew exactly what was happening; the publishers are tacking out what society, today, is telling them they must do which they are entitled to do.
But the examples cited in my mind make no sense. Seuss had his issues early on but his books remain in my mind, national treasures.
The only pattern we have here is your shitting on anyone who has an opinion other than yours, especially the +65 crowd. Say it; Own it.

And if you just watch kids stuff on Amazon prime or Netflix or PBS kids app then you don’t even get commercials.

yeah, exactly. my daughter only watches stuff on Netflix and Disney+

it's an amazing experience compared to when i was a kid. my mom asked about my oldest and if "toys are a big deal" and i was like "no, not really. she never even asks for them b/c she's not advertised to"

You can stick your patterns you know where. No partial truths; I knew exactly what was happening; the publishers are tacking out what society, today, is telling them they must do which they are entitled to do.
But the examples cited in my mind make no sense. Seuss had his issues early on but his books remain in my mind, national treasures.
The only pattern we have here is your shitting on anyone who has an opinion other than yours, especially the +65 crowd. Say it; Own it.

Jesus they’re not cancelling dr Seuss the publisher (dr Seuss enterprises) is removing or changing a handful of (fairly obscure) titles. You can read Cat in the hat in good conscience. How many 65+ posters do we have here anyway?

this whole thing is fucking dumb. they're "pulling" 6 books no one has ever even read. WGAF

it's an amazing experience compared to when i was a kid. my mom asked about my oldest and if "toys are a big deal" and i was like "no, not really. she never even asks for them b/c she's not advertised to"

If I turn my back for 2 seconds my daughter is either watching those inbred desert trash Ninja Kids or weird ass Portuguese craft videos on Youtube.

I am not nor will ever be a parent, but wouldn't you rather have your kid playing with toys than watching Netflix?

I am not nor will ever be a parent, but wouldn't you rather have your kid playing with toys than watching Netflix?

she watches like 20-30 min while eating breakfast during the week. on Sat/Sun mornings maybe an hour while her sister naps and we eat breakfast.

pretty harmless stuff

Did you either play with toys growing up or watch tv or was it a mix of both

So no toys and 30 min of Netflix. She have a job or something?

I'll take "Shit I definitely said before I became a parent" for $1000 Alex

We don't watch much TV outside of Everton matches (he usually watches a half) with the 7 month old, but when that kid is 3 years old and I need some peace and quiet you better believe that screen is coming on.

Back