• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dr. Seuss

fucking Toyota Siennas are $50k these days.

Just got a 2021 Sienna, and that thing is fucking sweet. I don't care that it is almost the same payment as my mortgage, I've put 5000 miles on it in 2 months and it is fantastic. 30+ MPG, heated and vented seats, recliners in the back... it is a perfect hockey vehicle.

Why aren't we talking about the Democrats trying to make the American flag smaller? Apparently that's a thing

Flags already come in all shapes and sizes. But you do seem triggered.

So kids can turn on TV in the middle of the afternoon and see every bizarre shit imaginable and it's preferable to cancel Dr. Seuss?

Wow.

Because W A P is the bomb? Also, its not f'ing racist*

*I've not actually listened to more than 30 seconds of the song so I'm going out on a limb...

fucking Toyota Siennas are $50k these days.

I have still never paid much more than $10K for a car that I drive. Right now I am driving a 2011 Cadillac ATS, which is actually a pretty sweet drive if a little dated in the technology department.

My wife drives a 16 explorer that we got for the mid $20s.

Yeah that’s hilarious.

I wish someone would confront these shitty Pubs with the images from those books to get them on the record supporting them.

I’m not surprised Angus and sailor and that ilk like big lipped Africans and slant eyed Asians. I was hoping better from Pop though.

Milhouse probably gets hard on the Asian tropes. But you hate to see the books banned, my man needs something to hack off too.

Last edited:
Really PH, I mean really?

Then why do you take issue with Dr. Seuss Enterprises not publishing books with those images?

If you're against racist caricatures, then you should be fine with them not publishing racist caricatures.

Talk about a manufactured culture war crisis - Dr. Seuss has in no way been cancelled (it's 6 of his books, none of them among the popular ones) - and liberals had nothing to do with it, but it was a decision by the business enterprise that protects and promotes his legacy. And yet to listen to Fox and other right-wing outlets and politicians (among them the great Madison Cawthorne) this is just another example of radical liberal cancel culture run amok. A fitting sequel to the devastating liberal assault that led Mr. Potato Head to lose his gender and sparked outrage from the likes of Matt Gaetz. Apparently there's just no bottom to conservative cultural and social resentments and grievances. I wonder what the third act of this farce will be?

Yet they have an incredible capacity to influence ignorant or weak minded people who can get very passionate and have an outsized voice due to their race.

Finger pointing is never the answer, especially when you do no know one’s character. We are all educated adults here Ph and none of us (ok, maybe there are exceptions) condone racist caricatures. But wouldn’t it be preferable that Seuss’s Publishers just alter the images without ceasing the publications of the books? In my opinion they damaged the reputation of a man and his works that as his daughters has said (while insisting her Dad didn’t have a racist bone in his body) were truly unique.

Finger pointing is never the answer, especially when you do no know one’s character. We are all educated adults here Ph and none of us (ok, maybe there are exceptions) condone racist caricatures. But wouldn’t it be preferable that Seuss’s Publishers just alter the images without ceasing the publications of the books? In my opinion they damaged the reputation of a man and his works that as his daughters has said (while insisting her Dad didn’t have a racist bone in his body) were truly unique.

By the same token, you could also easily argue that removing just 6 books out of 60 or so would not have harmed his reputation had not conservative media decided to blow this out of all proportion and use it as fodder for their never ending culture war against liberals and cancel culture, even though liberals had nothing to do with it. After all, Disney pulled Song of the South years ago without it harming the reputation of Walt Disney, but then there was not a media outrage machine to manufacture a controversy about it.

so you started this thread because you want them to re-illustrate the books?

so you started this thread because you want them to re-illustrate the books?

I started this thread to get what others thought of the accusations of Seuss being a racist. Problem?
And yes, I can get behind re-illustrating any offensive pages.

Back