• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dr. Seuss

So dumb.

What is that saying about learning from history or being doomed to repeat it? If we can't learn from our racist past and CHANGE we will keep being fucking racist.

I'm sorry to tell you that most of the people reading dr seuss books are not yet mentally capable of apprehending the nuances of historical context.

are there any links to the racist images in these books? since I'll probably never pick up a copy again, just curious. I searched Twitter and found a few from If I Ran the Zoo plus some of his very racist cartoons, but nothing from the others.

It’s amazing how this thread goes from completely on topic to wildly off topic but not in between.

are there any links to the racist images in these books? since I'll probably never pick up a copy again, just curious. I searched Twitter and found a few from If I Ran the Zoo plus some of his very racist cartoons, but nothing from the others.

yeah i mean if you put in the titles into the google machine you can get them. mostly they're stuff like this:

Mulberry-Street-269x300.gif

I watched a show last night with a Scotsman who eats with a spoon.

Not even in quotation marks. Geez. Nobody uses that term anymore and hasn't in decades.

Geez, this isn't a guy who built the fucking railroads here.

Last edited:
The book that was in was published in 1937. It's still gross, but it's not like it was written post-WW2 or during the Civil Rights Movement.

I'm not saying it's not bad. It is.

Back