• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dr. Seuss

This whole controversy is dumb.

They should have simply ceased publishing those few books and been quiet about it or remade the offending illustrations.

Anyhow, it’s a self censure, not a cancellation of Dr. Seuss.

Also, Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian American, please.

10 Things You May Not Know About Dr. Seuss

3. Bootleg gin was responsible for the Dr. Seuss pseudonym.

It certainly wasn’t a scene out of “Animal House,” but on the night before Easter in 1925, the local police chief caught Dartmouth College senior Ted Geisel partying with his friends and a pint of bootleg gin. The dean ousted Geisel as editor-in-chief of the Dartmouth humor magazine, but in what he called a “corny subterfuge,” Ted continued to ink cartoons under several pen names, including “Seuss” and “T. Seuss.” Geisel added the “Dr.” title a few years later.

I already have him on ignore. That’s the worst part. But sometimes I’ll see a post preview in Tapatalk and my curiosity gets the best of me.

It's amazing how often those previews live up to my expectations for dumbfuckery.

Back