Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 205

Thread: Dr. Seuss

  1. #181
    I always thought it was pronounce like "Sauce".
    Birds are real.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by deaconson View Post
    So dumb.

    What is that saying about learning from history or being doomed to repeat it? If we can't learn from our racist past and CHANGE we will keep being fucking racist.
    I'm sorry to tell you that most of the people reading dr seuss books are not yet mentally capable of apprehending the nuances of historical context.

  3. #183
    are there any links to the racist images in these books? since I'll probably never pick up a copy again, just curious. I searched Twitter and found a few from If I Ran the Zoo plus some of his very racist cartoons, but nothing from the others.

  4. #184
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,924
    Itís amazing how this thread goes from completely on topic to wildly off topic but not in between.

  5. #185
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,937
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    are there any links to the racist images in these books? since I'll probably never pick up a copy again, just curious. I searched Twitter and found a few from If I Ran the Zoo plus some of his very racist cartoons, but nothing from the others.
    yeah i mean if you put in the titles into the google machine you can get them. mostly they're stuff like this:


  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Itís amazing how this thread goes from completely on topic to wildly off topic but not in between.
    Ph, what are your thoughts on Tom Bombadil.

  7. #187
    Primary OGB Benefactor
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    40,109
    I watched a show last night with a Scotsman who eats with a spoon.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    yeah i mean if you put in the titles into the google machine you can get them. mostly they're stuff like this:

    The Chinaman is not the issue

  9. #189
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,924
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeBored View Post
    The Chinaman is not the issue
    Not even in quotation marks. Geez. Nobody uses that term anymore and hasn't in decades.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Not even in quotation marks. Geez. Nobody uses that term anymore and hasn't in decades.
    Geez, this isn't a guy who built the fucking railroads here.
    Last edited by WakeBored; 03-04-2021 at 04:38 PM.

  11. #191
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,937
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeBored View Post
    The Chinaman is not the issue
    what does this post mean?

  12. #192
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    The book that was in was published in 1937. It's still gross, but it's not like it was written post-WW2 or during the Civil Rights Movement.

    I'm not saying it's not bad. It is.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeBored View Post
    Geez, this isn't a guy who built the fucking railroads here.
    I mean, say what you want about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    what does this post mean?
    Iím losing a lot of respect for a lot of people on this thread.

  15. #195
    Boomer Boy Shorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    GA's Gilded 6th
    Posts
    7,917
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Iím losing a lot of respect for a lot of people on this thread.
    Shut the fuck up, Donny.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    what does this post mean?
    Life does not stop and start at your convenience, you miserable piece of shit.

  17. #197
    Boomer Boy Shorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    GA's Gilded 6th
    Posts
    7,917
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Life does not stop and start at your convenience, you miserable piece of shit.
    LO fucking Loud.

  18. #198
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,953
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    Life does not stop and start at your convenience, you miserable piece of shit.
    Do you have to use so many cusswords?

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeBored View Post
    The Chinaman is not the issue
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeBored View Post
    Geez, this isn't a guy who built the fucking railroads here.
    junebug channeling dutchdeac65 today.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    what does this post mean?
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •