• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cawthorn sexual accusations

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score

If Cuomo needs to step down, so does Cawthorn.

He also lied about his car accident. Total scum!

he also lied about getting into the Naval Academy (which he didn't go due to accident :dumb:)

I would be shocked if he stepped down. The GOP doesn’t really stand for anything anymore.

Those are easily the most benign accusations I've read to date. Can a man no longer try to get laid? There's no way he should take these sitting down.

Dude went to college for one year and made a huge impression as an asshole.

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for everything.

the key difference here for me between Cawthorn and someone like Cuomo is that Cuomo is exploiting a position of power and Cawthorn is harassing

Cuomo's behavior should be grounds for removal, Cawthorn's point to a person who is unfit for leadership, but not grounds for removal -- that changes if he leverages his current position to advance such behavior

the other part is more damning -- the outright lies

the key difference here for me between Cawthorn and someone like Cuomo is that Cuomo is exploiting a position of power and Cawthorn is harassing

Cuomo's behavior should be grounds for removal, Cawthorn's point to a person who is unfit for leadership, but not grounds for removal -- that changes if he leverages his current position to advance such behavior

the other part is more damning -- the outright lies

Exactly. Forty years ago, he might have been able to get away with some of that shit. He was born into the Information Age and was still too arrogant to care.

Cawthorn appears to be a lying piece of shit, but that doesn't separate him from plenty of other elected officials. He hasn't done anything in office that justifies a removal. His district could give 2 shits about the lies and alleged sexual misconduct.

Cawthorn appears to be a lying piece of shit, but that doesn't separate him from plenty of other elected officials. He hasn't done anything in office that justifies a removal. His district could give 2 shits about the lies and alleged sexual misconduct.

This.

yeah all of this info was known prior to his election and he still handily beat a moderate Dem retired colonel who was chief prosecutor at Gitmo but quit over Bush-era torture policies. and that was with Asheville added into the district last year when it had been gerrymandered out previously.

Moe Davis is considering running again, but he's been tweeting incessantly about the DNC offering no support in last year's race. and the only announced Dem so far is Jasmine Beach-Ferrara, a lesbian Christian minister and former Buncombe County Commissioner. her group was part of the SCOTUS decision to legalize same-sex marriage. so she has no chance in this district.

Dude went to college for one year and made a huge impression as an asshole.

Just went for one semester. Dropped out with a D average. While campaigning he said that he'd been accepted to Princeton, Harvard and The Naval Academy- all lies.

Heard he is a creeper, what's the deal with the car accident?

Two separate issues I’ve seen:

1) He said the accident derailed his plans to go to the Naval Academy despite being rejected prior to the accident.

2) He claimed his friend left him for dead despite the fact his friend pulled him from the car, he’s admitted having no memory of the accident, and his own parents contradict that claim.

yeah all of this info was known prior to his election and he still handily beat a moderate Dem retired colonel who was chief prosecutor at Gitmo but quit over Bush-era torture policies. and that was with Asheville added into the district last year when it had been gerrymandered out previously.

Moe Davis is considering running again, but he's been tweeting incessantly about the DNC offering no support in last year's race. and the only announced Dem so far is Jasmine Beach-Ferrara, a lesbian Christian minister and former Buncombe County Commissioner. her group was part of the SCOTUS decision to legalize same-sex marriage. so she has no chance in this district.

Given the makeup of that district he could likely give a Dr. Strangelove Nazi-style salute and he'd still get reelected with ease. If any Democrat could beat him in that district it was Davis, and he still lost by a large margin. As long as it has an R next to the name they'll vote for it.

Madison Cawthorn is indeed a piece of shit.

HOWEVER. I have worked with a lot of people post spinal cord injury and it is (obviously) something that completely turns your life upside down. So I’m not going to hold his college record against him. There is definitely a scenario where somebody could get into elite schools but end up flunking out in one semester.

But yeah he sucks as a person. He was probably a shithead before his accident and he still is.

Back