Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: KP Report - Regular Season Finale - FRIDAY GT at WF 8 pm ACCN

Masoud spends a lot of time trying to hit... force... the game winning shot nearly every time he touches the ball. (Translation - he's selfish)

When he handed the ball to the wrong guy and followed that up with a half assed jog to the other end of the court and did not even make an attempt to stop the gt kid I was pretty much done with him. Feel bad even saying that about one of our kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    Looks like another L

Címon Deacs.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    It is a one point game.
    Yep

But what I was noticing was their guys were scoring with greater ease compared to our guys. I figured that pattern would play out in their favor.

Iím hopeful for better days ahead.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Unrelated but why does Josh Pastner look like such a doofus? Does he look in the mirror before appearing in public?

Banhammer'd
    Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    Unrelated but why does Josh Pastner look like such a doofus? Does he look in the mirror before appearing in public?
    He might still get carded when he orders a drink.
    Last edited by RJKarl; 03-06-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDDeac View Post
    Cory Alexander makes my ears bleed. Surprised I havenít seen more complaints. Heís been miserable.
    I have complained about him before. I also have gone on his twitter account and asked that he stop yapping and come up for air occasionally. I have to turn off the sound.

For most games this year, I slow the TV slightly and matchup with Stan and Dinger on the radio. As usual there are good insights from Dinger ó itís too bad we canít find a knowledgeable football guy to team with Stan on football games óSorensen is a baseball guy and offers nothing to the football broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by mabebaby View Post
    He want shut the fuck up, I know its his job to jabber but dammmmnnnn.
    To read a true description of Cory Alexander's efforts at announcing, go to the latest entry by Dan Collins on his " My Take on Whatever".

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Has anybody seen Cory Alexander do a competitive game between two good teams? I think Iíve only seen him do Wake games.

Quote Originally Posted by SDDeac View Post
    Adams shouldíve been playing the whole season. Really question why Neath or Wilkins played over him. Plays hard defensively and plays within his skill set on the offensive end.

Imagine if we had an average center. Truly believe weíd be a top 10 ACC team with one guy who is a presence in the paint. I love Odyís energy, but heís got a lot of weaknesses. Really hope Tariq gets well, and Forbes brings in a transfer.
    Love your optimism SC, but even with a decent center you need other ACC level guys Who do you think they are?

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Has anybody seen Cory Alexander do a competitive game between two good teams? I think Iíve only seen him do Wake games.
    There might be a correlation between his announcing abilities and how often he gets assigned our games....

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by WFU03 View Post
    There might be a correlation between his announcing abilities and how often he gets assigned our games....
    Exactly. For one thing, I doubt he's going on and on about playing against Randolph Childress in games that don't involve Wake.

I thought the Dan Collins piece was interesting. First of all, Dan Collins is the last person who should be criticizing someone for droning on about meaningless BS when they're supposed to be talking about sports. Second, Cory Alexander was a very good ACC player who had an 8 year NBA career. Those are more than enough qualifications for an announcer to wax poetic about his playing career.

I didn't watch last night's game, but whenever Alexander has done games in the past, I was more frustrated that he had to fill time in a bad noncompetitive Wake game than with the filler itself. I don't think we understand and appreciate what commentators with no allegiance to a team have to do to get psyched up to talk about a meaningless game for 2 hours.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 03-06-2021 at 05:37 PM.

I mean, it's their job.

Bzzz is a fucking loser Arsene Wenger's Avatar
    In this coat that looks like a puffy sleeping bag
    And theyíre pretty well paid to do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDaddy View Post
    I mean, it's their job.
    Ditto.

Our game was in doubt, for the most part, it wasnít a 20 point blow out. Cory kept the play by play guy from even doing his job.

This is how it went. Gt scores play by play guy interrupts Cory to tell you who scored, Corey talks about the ACC player of the year voting for 30 seconds. Wake scores, play by play guy squeezes in the name of the player. Corey continues with his analysis of ACC player of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Exactly. For one thing, I doubt he's going on and on about playing against Randolph Childress in games that don't involve Wake.

I thought the Dan Collins piece was interesting. First of all, Dan Collins is the last person who should be criticizing someone for droning on about meaningless BS when they're supposed to be talking about sports. Second, Cory Alexander was a very good ACC player who had an 8 year NBA career. Those are more than enough qualifications for an announcer to wax poetic about his playing career.

I didn't watch last night's game, but whenever Alexander has done games in the past, I was more frustrated that he had to fill time in a bad noncompetitive Wake game than with the filler itself. I don't think we understand and appreciate what commentators with no allegiance to a team have to do to get psyched up to talk about a meaningless game for 2 hours.
    Cory is awful. Don't care what game he does. He can't stop talking and most of the time you don't know who got substituted in the game because he is talking about some bs. Color guys just need to chime in and give us some meaningful commentary on what is actually happening in the game.