• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Glenn Greenwald

he is casting giving people in Puerto Rico and DC representation and making the senate more democratic and removing the filibuster as somehow authoritarian because in an alternative universe democrats would oppose this and republicans would support it. Those changes are clearly objectively democratic in nature.

That is what I meant by my comment if I didn't make it clear.

Last edited:
Yea no arguments there! I think the article Ph posted sums it up well, Glenn went from annoying online leftist to an absurd right turn with Trump. Nobody should carry water for him anymore regardless of his old journalism bona fides.

Yeah his anecdote about how Laura Ingraham is somebody who is obsessed with only reporting factually accurate information on her show? He also regularly defends the great reporting of Molly Hemingway at the federalist and John Solomon when both of those were pushing completely made up narratives about both uranium one and Russiagate.

I also would like to make it clear that I hate the Democratic Party.

That’s the problem with a big tent party facing a homogenous fascist party. A significant percent of the big tent party is going to hate the party at any given time regardless of what they do.

That’s the problem with a big tent party facing a homogenous fascist party. A significant percent of the big tent party is going to hate the party at any given time regardless of what they do.
Made even worse when the big tent party is 5 point underdogs at the beginning of the game based on how it is scored.

Well the big tent party can’t even unify behind fixing that.

I guess I spoke too soon about Matt Tiabbi being sort of reasonable

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1414257022162378764?s=19

I think there are plenty of democrats who have a problem with this as well.

There aren't laws against famous or even semi-famous people trading on their family name. What should get all the attention is the anonymity of the buyers. I have a feeling this issue will go away when nobody buys his work at those exorbitant prices anyway.

I think it's the idiocy of the "Imagine the furor" line to start this tweet out. If it were Jr. doing this, go ahead and add this small furor to the hundreds of other furors involving Trump and his shitty kids.

As I understand it, the buyers would be anonymous so no one would know who they are and there would be no claims of the buyers having influence. Why would it be better for Hunter to know the buyers?

I guess when they put their new purchases on Instagram you know who bought what.

I think there are plenty of democrats who have a problem with this as well.

There aren't laws against famous or even semi-famous people trading on their family name. What should get all the attention is the anonymity of the buyers. I have a feeling this issue will go away when nobody buys his work at those exorbitant prices anyway.

I am a Biden fan who absolutely hates trump and trumpism, and I have a problem with this. Hunter has caused enough headaches for his father and this administration. This is ridiculous, and Tiabbi is 100% right.

Because the democrats always fall into the same trap of letting the Pubs define a different set of rules for them then rules they themselves follow, and Tiabbi falls right into that about having a conniption about this after ignoring the blatant corruption and nepotism of the Trump administration.

Last time I checked, Hunter Biden is an adult and is in no way connected to this administration in any real capacity.

Last edited:
Now do GQP buying lil donnie Jr's book with campaign contributions!

Journalist Glenn Greenwald blasted the media Tuesday for their coverage of disgraced attorney Michael Avenatti, who was recently sentenced to 30 months in prison for trying to extort millions from Nike.

Avenatti, who represented Stormy Daniels in unsuccessful lawsuits against former President Donald Trump, enjoyed a wide platform on cable news for a full year, racking up hundreds of appearances. MSNBC's Joy Reid called him "brilliant" and "mad telegenic," while her colleague Nicolle Wallace said Democrats would be "foolish" to underestimate him. CNN's Brian Stelter was also among the pundits who took Avenatti seriously as a potential White House contender.

Greenwald observed those same networks have now been forced to frame Avenatti in a different light now that he's heading to prison, and they've done so while trying to exonerate themselves. He called their behavior "stunning."

Greenwald went on to argue there was no excuse for the media's red carpet welcome for Avenatti, considering all the warning signs swirling around the volatile lawyer.

"And as usual, the standard elite self-exoneration of 'we-couldn't-have-known' is utter bulls--t," Greenwald added. "Aside from the fact that the stench of Avenatti's sleazy fraud suffocated anyone within a mile radius, countless people pointed out at the time how exploitative and dishonest he was."

Greenwald argued Avenatti was far from the "worst person" to be promoted by the above networks, suggesting their employment of figures like former CIA Director John Brennan and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper was worse.

"Avenatti is nowhere close to the worst person promoted by CNN and NBC," Greenwald wrote. "They have security state ghouls, perjurers and war criminals on their payroll -- Bush and Obama's CIA & DHS chiefs, FBI officials, etc. Still, if you can't recognize what Avenatti is, you can't see anything."

The Avenatti media debacle is yet another chapter in recent industry embarrassments. The Washington Examiner's Becket Adams called the fawning coverage of Avenatti "one of the more humiliating chapters in media malfeasance."

Hey, dumbass -- care to share any Stormy Daniels allegations against Trump that were not true? Did your President/God pay $130k in hush money to cover up an affair or not?

And I'm pretty sure Avenatti did not have a criminal record of any sort when the Stormy stuff was going on -- wondering what, exactly, all the warning signs were Greenwald is referring to?

And, of course, the media is thoroughly covering the Avenatti sentence; but, what's a bigger story, a lawyer trying to extort Nike or a President paying a stripper hush money to cover up an affair?

Greenwald's the grifter here - he's decided to go all in with the rubes (on the left and right) and of course your ignorant ass eats it up. "Media should have predicted future crime by lawyer that has nothing to do with veracity of Stormy Daniels allegations, and I am thoroughly shocked by the media's response even though the media is actually reporting the conviction." So dumb.

Last edited:
Hey, dumbass -- care to share any Stormy Daniels allegations against Trump that were not true? Did your President/God pay $130k in hush money to cover up an affair or not?

And I'm pretty sure Avenatti did not have a criminal record of any sort when the Stormy stuff was going on -- wondering what, exactly, all the warning signs were Greenwald is referring to?

And, of course, the media is thoroughly covering the Avenatti sentence; but, what's a bigger story, a lawyer trying to extort Nike or a President paying a stripper hush money to cover up an affair?

Greenwald's the grifter here - he's decided to go all in with the rubes (on the left and right) and of course your ignorant ass eats it up. "Media should have predicted future crime by lawyer that has nothing to do with veracity of Stormy Daniels allegations, and I am thoroughly shocked by the media's response even though the media is actually reporting the conviction." So dumb.

your ideology is interfering with your ability to see the obvious, get rid of your ideology and start to see

Back