• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Walter Ioos

Deaconblue

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]You may not recognize the name, but he has taken many iconic sports photographs. He captured some of the most celebrated moments in sports. And he did some really special one-on-one interview/portrait photographs of sports celebrities.

ESPN will debut the three-part documentary series [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GOATs: The Greatest of All Time[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]on Sunday, March 7 from 8 – 11 p.m. ET. Directed by [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kevin Kaufman[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ([/FONT]Gotti: Godfather and Son, The Perfect Murder, Ace the Case: Manhattan Mystery with Susan Sarandon). The series celebrates the greatest athletes of all time through the extraordinary work of America’s most iconic sports photographer Walter Iooss, from his days as a prodigy at age 17 photographing Roger Maris’s 61st home run to his photographing every Super Bowl – this year’s 55th and counting. Trailer: https://youtu.be/lB3WFadeP8M

If ranking the top sports photographers of all time, it would be legit to put him first.

My first two years at Wake, I worked for the Sports Information Dept as a photograher. I got to sit on the baseline at BB games, the sideline at FB games and have some great shots of Rod Griffin and James McDougald. I wanted to be Walter Ioos and work for Sports Illustrated. The SID changed after my sophomore year and the work dried up. Oh, well.

If ranking the top sports photographers of all time, it would be legit to put him first.

Definitely. Totally synonymous with SI. Helps that he had a memorable name. The greatest Jordan pictures were probably taken by him.

Back